• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will David Tepper admit he made a mistake when he finally fires Matt Rhule?

hepcat

Even entertaining the idea that the owner of a team would 'apologize' or 'admit' a bad decision to the fans is some really weird fan fiction. Why are there grown men so obsessed with getting some rich asshole admit defeat on something? He doesn't care about you, and he's not going to apologize, so why waste your time worrying about it? Even if he did apologize, would it somehow undo the last few shitty years? And if he hires your dream coach and that guy flops as well, are YOU going to apologize to all of us for never shutting the fug up about it?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Disagree he doesn’t owe us an explanation. If he fired him after last season, sure. Why did he keep him another season when it’s obvious nothing is moving in the right direction

Losing CMC to injury for the majority of the year was devastating. Also Horn on defense and for what it’s worth… Darnold. 

You have to give guys a chance to build, otherwise nobody would take the job. Unless of course their character becomes an issue.

We were heading in the right direction in 2020 we went toe to toe with the Chiefs, Saints, and Packers that year with Teddy. Everyone has soured on Rhule because of his terrible decision to trade for Sam Darnold. I stand by the fact that Darnold made the entire team look like trash along with Rhule because of inexplicably bad he was last season. If we had managed to get Stafford last year I guarantee you there wouldn't be posters clamoring to fire Rhule and millions of threads about how bad he is. QB play dictates everything in this league.

• Flames 2

Somebody mentioned no apology to Jags fans for Urban Meyer.  I don't remember one to Bucs fans for Schiano.  I may have (honestly) missed it, but I don't remember an apology to Eagles fans for giving Kelly "full control" of personnel, which started his swirl down with the Ty-D-Bowl Man (I think his demise was inevitable, but that accelerated it).  I don't remember the 49ers organization (or disorganization at that point) apologizing for hiring Mr. Dunkin Donuts 2015, Jim Tomsula.

If none of those fairly recent screw-ups got an apology, why would anyone expect one from Tepper if and when he dispatches Rhule?

I don't agree than any firing of a HC prior to the end of their contract is a mistake.  Was Jerrah Jones hiring Johnson a mistake?  I do think if a HC gets fired without making the playoffs, at a minimum, you can infer their hiring was a mistake unless the organization sabotaged that effort purposely or through incompetence.  If the organization is the problem, them hiring any HC is a mistake until they unfug themselves.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Somebody mentioned no apology to Jags fans for Urban Meyer.  I don't remember one to Bucs fans for Schiano.  I may have (honestly) missed it, but I don't remember an apology to Eagles fans for giving Kelly "full control" of personnel, which started his swirl down with the Ty-D-Bowl Man (I think his demise was inevitable, but that accelerated it).  I don't remember the 49ers organization (or disorganization at that point) apologizing for hiring Mr. Dunkin Donuts 2015, Jim Tomsula.

If none of those fairly recent screw-ups got an apology, why would anyone expect one from Tepper if and when he dispatches Rhule?

I don't agree than any firing of a HC prior to the end of their contract is a mistake.  Was Jerrah Jones hiring Johnson a mistake?  I do think if a HC gets fired without making the playoffs, at a minimum, you can infer their hiring was a mistake unless the organization sabotaged that effort purposely or through incompetence.  If the organization is the problem, them hiring any HC is a mistake until they unfug themselves.

My significant other would say Jones being an NFL owner is the mistake.

Why would anyone want to see a reenactment of the Al Davis-Lane Kiffin breakup? That's the only time I can recall that an owner apologized for making a wrong hire or admitted making a mistake of that magnitude. He even had an overhead projector brought out for some portion of the presentation on just how awful Kiffen was as a head coach. Embarrassing I would think for a fanbase.