• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Cleveland Browns at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread

Zod

With Conklin out, this smacks of 2021 for the Browns, already. While Mayfield was hurt and it affected his play, what gets very little blame in the media-sphere is how bad the Brown’s back-up tackles were all season. 

You had an injured, at-times hobbled Mayfield running for his life trying to throw to one of the worst WR groups in the league. Brisset is less mobile than even injured Mayfield. 

The interior line of CLE is their strength, except their new center is an unknown and a backup. The vaunted CLE OL might be in trouble again. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

I hate the concept of having healthy inactive players. You make the team cut down all the way to 53 players then have 6 or so be inactive on gamedays. Granted they probably wouldn't have seen the field anyway but still what's the point?

Trying to encourage parity / equality of rosters. 

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

in all fairness they are bottom of the roster players. We shouldnt expect them to play at all, and if they were to... then that means the season is a bust. 

They're listed at the bottom because they're rookies, I think they outplayed Jordan and Hoskins easily in the preseason

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

They're listed at the bottom because they're rookies, I think they outplayed Jordan and Hoskins easily in the preseason

I agree on Jordan, but the McCall thing we will have to disagree. Hoskins played well in stints last year, especially in the run game. I dont think McCall has earned the right to displace him yet. Henry Anderson and B. Roy will be in over Hoskins anyways.