• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL does owe the Panthers an explanation why the Brissett spike was not intentional grounding.

hepcat

I don’t understand why you can’t review any call you want?I mean you still have the same amount of challenges  but could change out come of game. In college they can review just about anything but in nfl where people are getting paid millions of dollars you can’t absolutely ridiculous!

• Pie 1

I listened to Rhule's Presser, and despite throwing his hands up at the end of the game and being the usual idiot he is acting like he had no way to impact the game until we got to that point, he did say that they didn't give him an explanation on Burns at all.  He said despite the league coming in during camp and explaining and emphasizing the new rules repeatedly regarding that exact circumstance, in which he said Burns clearly did not commit a penalty under those new rules they had explained to them repeatedly, that the refs gave him no explanation for it.  He said they did come back and offer some bullshit explanation on the spike, but he didn't elaborate on it.  He asked our PR guy if he could say what they told him, he was told no, and then said he didn't want to get in trouble but they explained it wasn't a penalty.  Rhulr also said that he actually just had our guys watch film on that exact scenario because he said Cleveland runs out routes on their spike, so they can fake it and throw it.  So it sounds/looks like they were gonna try to fake it and throw it, but Brissett saw it wasn't there which is why he got caught in between, faked it then took a step back and awkwardly got stuck like that before spiking it.  But, it was definitely a penalty by definition.

Regardless, I already expect to get screwed by the refs.  If there's a chance for them to do it, they will.  So to me, it's a waste even talking about it.  If we hadn't played like poo for 75% of the game and had we not fuged up in the redzone with the muffed snap and been able to score a TD, none of this poo even matters.

Never leave it up to the refs.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I listened to Rhule's Presser, and despite throwing his hands up at the end of the game and being the usual idiot he is acting like he had no way to impact the game until we got to that point, he did say that they didn't give him an explanation on Burns at all.  He said despite the league coming in during camp and explaining and emphasizing the new rules repeatedly regarding that exact circumstance, in which he said Burns clearly did not commit a penalty under those new rules they had explained to them repeatedly, that the refs gave him no explanation for it.  He said they did come back and offer some bullshit explanation on the spike, but he didn't elaborate on it.  He asked our PR guy if he could say what they told him, he was told no, and then said he didn't want to get in trouble but they explained it wasn't a penalty.  Rhulr also said that he actually just had our guys watch film on that exact scenario because he said Cleveland runs out routes on their spike, so they can fake it and throw it.  So it sounds/looks like they were gonna try to fake it and throw it, but Brissett saw it wasn't there which is why he got caught in between, faked it then took a step back and awkwardly got stuck like that before spiking it.  But, it was definitely a penalty by definition.

Regardless, I already expect to get screwed by the refs.  If there's a chance for them to do it, they will.  So to me, it's a waste even talking about it.  If we hadn't played like poo for 75% of the game and had we not fuged up in the redzone with the muffed snap and been able to score a TD, none of this poo even matters.

Never leave it up to the refs.

While I get you should “never leave it up to the refs”, the Panthers really didn’t. Burns made a great play but got penalized. The intentional grounding play appeared like it was a fake and the refs allowed Brissett to get away with it. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, Riverboat Ron said:

They knew what they were doing.

The explanation by the ref after the game shows they decided not to call the foul because they just didn’t want to. The ref literally said he faked the spike. You can’t do that, it’s a foul. The NFL doesn’t care that the refs are making stuff up. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

The explanation by the ref after the game shows they decided not to call the foul because they just didn’t want to. The ref literally said he faked the spike. You can’t do that, it’s a foul. The NFL doesn’t care that the refs are making stuff up. 

Why do you think there are so many "gray area" penalties? The NFL WANTS refs to call a game in a certain team's favor, which is why they have them implemented in the first place. Also why they hardly (if ever) discipline their refs.

Just now, Castavar said:

Why do you think there are so many "gray area" penalties? The NFL WANTS refs to call a game in a certain team's favor, which is why they have them implemented in the first place. Also why they hardly (if ever) discipline their refs.

I agree. The NFL has no obligation to be fair. It’s literally the same type of organization as the WWE. It’s an entertainment league with rules they made up. It’s naive to think they don’t let the refs nudge games. 

• Pie 2