• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positives from Today

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

I was working, but the box score alone shows that the team didn't roll over and except a one-sided loss! They fought back, and fought hard. Damn near pulled out a win. Not to mention its only week one! If they can build off thus game I definitely think they will take the Giants next week!

I think there were some positives to take away from this game. Cleveland has one of best if not the best defenses in the league, especially their front 4 on defense. Those guys are great! I think the biggest take away from this is that you can see that our revamped O-line needs a little time to click together along with the entire offense. I honestly liked what I saw from Mayfield, he just didn't have ANY time to set his feet in the first half. Garret and company was dominating our O-line, all there is to it. Big time players make big time plays in crucial moments, and despite the slow start Baker Mayfield showed that he is a playmaker when given time. He put the Panthers in position to win the game when they probably should not have been. He made some plays that brought the Panthers all the way back and give them the lead, against that top 5 defense. Mayfield is a warrior and he showed it.

I think once this offensive line starts to gel, and I think they will, this offense will be deadly. I think Mayfield is THAT QB we have been looking for. Honestly, I was shocked that the Panthers took he lead at the end. That 75 yard bomb to Anderson with 6 minutes left in the game was MONEY! Mayfield is a fighter, he reminds me a bit like Delhomme. NOW... Panthers defense HAS to find playmakers! They had nowhere near enough pressure on Brissett, and tackling was atrocious. They need way more push with the front 4. The Panthers defensive squads that made it to playoffs and the SB years FORCED turnovers! For this defense to have success this year they HAVE to pressure the QB consistently, stop the run and force turnovers in crucial moments. Our DE's HAVE to be better. Seems like the only move Brian Burns has is a spin move, he has to play to his potential.

This is just the first game out of 17 and honestly... I still see a lot of potential with this team. They just have to come together and BATTLE. the offense showed that today, obviously some things to clean up, but I believe they will gel. The defense concerns me a bit because they just seem too undersized to stop a good running team. Secondary will be fine, but our front 7 has to be way better than what we saw today. Still... I think there is still reason for optimism. I saw plenty of positive's today. For one, I think the Panthers have a real QB now. Yeah we lost, but the fact that they were in a position to win a the end says a lot and was because of that QB. I feel like they will get it together moving forward. The Browns defense gave us the test we needed today to do just that. It's just week one, both SB teams lost this week.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Did Rhule show you something when calling timeout at the end of the half gifting the Browns of 3?  Did Rhule show you something when he insanely misused CMC with 4….get that 4 touches…in the first half. Did Rhule show you something when he went straight conservative with 1:28 going run run run???  3 years of this ass clown. It’s over. 

Dude, we fumbled the snap on first down making it 2nd and 11. We then ran CMC hoping to get 5  or 6 yards, he got stuffed. Was then 3rd and 11... obviously the Browns knew it was a passing down and we could not risk a turnover, HAD to have the FG. The fumbled snap on first down killed our chances at playing for the TD there pretty much. Our defense and the freaking refs are what cost us the game... ONE freaking sack when the Browns got the ball would have probably won the game for us. But they just could not get to Brissett... they have to get more pressure, all there is to it. Could have even forced an errant  throw to force an INT.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Dragoon11 said:

Dude, we fumbled the snap on first down making it 2nd and 11. We then ran CMC hoping to get 5  or 6 yards, he got stuffed. Was then 3rd and 11... obviously the Browns knew it was a passing down and we could not risk a turnover, HAD to have the FG. The fumbled snap on first down killed our chances at playing for the TD there pretty much. Our defense and the freaking refs are what cost us the game... ONE freaking sack when the Browns got the ball would have probably won the game for us. But they just could not get to Brissett... they have to get more pressure, all there is to it. Could have even forced an errant  throw to force an INT.

All I hear is excuses why we lost….again. 

2 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

All I hear is excuses why we lost….again. 

This is the positives from today post. Yeah, losing sucks, but I see a lot they can build on. It's a young team that has to learn how to win these type of games, and honestly they should have despite being manhandled. Lets see how the next few games go before we throw in the towel.

• Pie 1