• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on QB struggles yesterday

ncfan

11 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

We didn’t play scared tho… it was a pass play on the fumbled snap. Run play on the second down and then a lb RPO with DJ first option and CMC second option. You can see it if you can go back and watch those 3 plays.

And don’t forget the big throw from Baker to DJ Moore and Christian McCaffrey’s run on that final drive to set them up for those three plays.

10 hours ago, WOW!! said:

And after another fumbled snap on 1st down I didn't blame him for trusting the defense could hold them..

No offense to you meant, but do you really believe this ?

My observation is that 217 running yards by the Browns  and the time their backup QB had in the pocket,  indicate that trust is very misplaced 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

No offense to you meant, but do you really believe this ?

My observation is that 217 running yards by the Browns  and the time their backup QB had in the pocket,  indicate that trust is very misplaced 

The browns were averaging less than 4 yards per reception and had less than 140 total pass yards on 30 attempts heading into that final drive. The odds were in our favor. If they don’t call that RTP… it’s 3rd and long with less than a minute to go on their own 25. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

12 hours ago, stratocatter said:

Scot I have read this place for about as many years as it has been here and your thing has Always Been bitching about every coach we have had. Ditto the GM. Just always. First sign of trouble you are on that train cranking it up. 

I stand by my poo. And wasn’t in favor of hiring Rhule nor acquiring Mayfield and don’t care if he is fired.   And a lot of stuff Rhule has done or not done. 

The fact is that yesterday with some better execution by any number of guys, that game is won good coaching or bad coaching. And all of the play wasn’t bad and this team is going to get better if they stay healthy.
As if it could be worse, who couldn’t be better than that?  Yes I saw it too. If they have that 1st half display again then fug them because a bad day is one thing, a pattern of them is unacceptable. The batted passes are especially scary. 

But nobody really knows crap for sure after one game as far as who will be there at the end though I am pretty sure we won’t be. But we could be as good as a team that is playoff bound as a wild card if we improve as the year goes on. Maybe knock a team out. My best hope would be that and it is where I am looking for enjoyment. We probably ain’t going to the playoffs lol. Peace. 

First off, your analysis on me is dead wrong, though I can understand thinking I've constantly complained about GMs because the GM for most of the years I've been here was Marty Hurney.

As far as better execution, you know what helps that happen? More practice reps.

Is it "just one game"? With the full roster, yes. With Matt Rhule? No. We've already got two years of tape on him, and watching him get fooled by the tricks Stefanski pulled didn't help his evaluation.

And as I told others, wanna choose to be optimistic? That's fine with me. I don't choose a mindset till I see what I'm looking at, and what I saw this past Sunday wasn't good.

There's still time for it to get better, but knowing who's in charge I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

The browns were averaging less than 4 yards per reception and had less than 140 total pass yards on 30 attempts heading into that final drive. The odds were in our favor. If they don’t call that RTP… it’s 3rd and long with less than a minute to go on their own 25. 

That’s fair. I know it was an iffy call, but Burns has to understand the situation and let up on that drive. I get that it’s hard to stop once he is pursuing the QB, but he is a captain and has to do better in that situation. 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

my questions for rhule:

how much time did brissett have with the browns first team?

how much time did we spend on a "competition" that everyone knew would result in baker starting? 

he was only 30-40 days? yes....but how many of those days did he lose snaps with the first team in that "competition"? 

you KNEW baker was going to be the starter.

you KNEW you only had 30-40 days. 

time was short and you chose to ignore that to play your little coaching game. 

you KNEW that you were putting up a rookie OL in his first start against one of the best DEs in the game....and you still 1) had him take part in a competition that was unnecessary losing needed reps and 2) left him alone for half the game against that premier DE. 

there is a long list of things that you KNEW were issues or would be issues but you kept to your bigger plan...whatever that is. good for you...you stuck to your guns. but the team loses because you are looking at too big of a picture. 

and if you didn't know these were or would be issues then you're a fool because everyone could see it. 

you aren't doing things that result in wins. until you do...you're a failure. winning is all that matters.

Brisket didn't get many 1st team reps until Deshaun Watson suspension was finalized and didn't get to play with 1st team at all in preseason.. So....... his reps were less than Bakers..

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

they were averaging that in part because their game plan was to run on us and play it safe.  It's not like they were trying to go Pat Mahomes on us and couldn't. 

If you give any NFL QB a minute plus to get into FG range that is always playing with fire in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Brisket didn't get many 1st team reps until Deshaun Watson suspension was finalized and didn't get to play with 1st team at all in preseason.. So....... his reps were less than Bakers..

yes. that was my point. rhule blames it on the lack of time with the team. brissett won with less time w/ the starters. that's not saying that baker had ample time...because he didn't. but don't use the lack of time as an excuse for the L.

brissett had less time and baker could have had more time were it not for the "competition".

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

yes. that was my point. rhule blames it on the lack of time with the team. brissett won with less time w/ the starters. that's not saying that baker had ample time...because he didn't. but don't use the lack of time as an excuse for the L.

brissett had less time and baker could have had more time were it not for the "competition".

Stop !! Where is the context.. Brissett got 217 from his RB and a top 5 defense had us looking stupid all day.. His QB rating was lower then Baker.. He got a win by being carried by a better team then we are..

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That’s fair. I know it was an iffy call, but Burns has to understand the situation and let up on that drive. I get that it’s hard to stop once he is pursuing the QB, but he is a captain and has to do better in that situation. 

The thing about it that gets me... is the commentators said that it was the Browns player who hit Jacoby's helmet and not Burns. So I went back and watched.... take a look:

I just cant figure out how this was called.

image.png

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

The thing about it that gets me... is the commentators said that it was the Browns player who hit Jacoby's helmet and not Burns. So I went back and watched.... take a look:

I just cant figure out how this was called.

image.png

Not saying it should have been called, but his helmet looks like it's about to collide with the QB's here.  Don't even give the refs an option to make that call in those circumstances.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Not saying it should have been called, but his helmet looks like it's about to collide with the QB's here.  Don't even give the refs an option to make that call in those circumstances.

It looks like that from that angle but from the other Burns hits shoulder pads first and then Jacoby flops HARD. I wish I could post the video but NFL + goes black when I attempt to screen record.

• Pie 1