• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sean Payton explains a winning game plan in the NFL 100% contradictory to what Matt Rhule is trying to do.

thunderraiden

I listened to him and not once did I think I was listening to a BS artist.  The man knows how to be a HC in the NFL and he relates what that entails (in his view) quite comfortably.  There was no "the Process" or "the analytics say."  By the end, I was wanting to hear more.

He also clearly understands how what his offense does (or doesn't do) impacts his defense.

Any organization thinking about hiring a coach should listen to this clip.  They don't need to agree with his particulars, but just asking whether the guy they are interviewing can approach his level of understanding would save them a lot of grief.

Now we return to listening to Rhule, who would probably try to convince us he and Payton see things the same way.

• Pie 4

31 minutes ago, year of the snitch said:

can someone summarize or bullet point.

Sean Payton preaching balance and not putting everything on the QB.  You know, the exact opposite of what he essentially did with Brees for years. 

It's just amazing to watch Panthers fans drooling over an a-hole coach of a rival who could only win a SB by literally cheating to hurt other players, getting caught and receiving the biggest penalty in the history of professional sports. 

And yes Rhule beat Payton last year.  @Ricky Spanish
image.png.46f7d64ce9a5b9afe4f5254a00e438df.png

Here's Peyton immediately after the game.

They they played better than us today and deserve to win the football game.

Edited by poundaway
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Sean Payton preaching balance and not putting everything on the QB.  You know, the exact opposite of what he essentially did with Brees for years. 

It's just amazing to watch Panthers fans drooling over an a-hole coach of a rival who could only win a SB by literally cheating to hurt other players, getting caught and receiving the biggest penalty in the history of professional sports. 

And yes Rhule beat Payton last year.  @Ricky Spanish
image.png.46f7d64ce9a5b9afe4f5254a00e438df.png

Here's Peyton immediately after the game.

They they played better than us today and deserve to win the football game.

I am firmly planted on the "They let us win that game to fug our draft position" train.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

Thank goodness he’s out of our division and that he didn’t get Mahomes. 

Just listening to him talk you can tell he’s on a different planet than where our current head coach is. 

I hope he's back in our division next year with a 100mil contract 

• Pie 1

Payton really easily eyeballed the Panthers as a team that will go to a 2nd QB this year and not because of injury. 

The shitshow is so obvious to basically everyone but 10% of the Panther fanbase.   The QB move IMO will clearly just be because we are floundering and firing coaches and benching QBs is all Rhule can really throw against the wall as his evitable end comes

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1