• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wednesday Rhule Presser

ncfan

4 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Hindsight...

It wasn't really hindsight. We needed a center because Paradis was ass. WR was a luxury pick. Bad pick. Long snappers are available as UDFA by the dozens for a reason. Take a risk on a day 2 guard that fell because of a medical concern. Bad pick. You didn't need to be a NFL gm to make those 2 picks. If you watched the games it was pretty obvious we needed to invest in our IOL. 

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It wasn't really hindsight. We needed a center because Paradis was ass. WR was a luxury pick. Bad pick. Long snappers are available as UDFA by the dozens for a reason. Take a risk on a day 2 guard that fell because of a medical concern. Bad pick. You didn't need to be a NFL gm to make those 2 picks. If you watched the games it was pretty obvious we needed to invest in our IOL. 

I agree and per your subtle insult, I'm a fan so yes I watch the games. I can only assume that they obviously felt different about your picks, where we were and or something in the works may have fell through. But you saying what should've happened with stats, after the fact is indeed hindsight.

53 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I agree and per your subtle insult, I'm a fan so yes I watch the games. I can only assume that they obviously felt different about your picks, where we were and or something in the works may have fell through. But you saying what should've happened with stats, after the fact is indeed hindsight.

I wasn't trying to insult you. I was saying, in a gm role, if you watched the games, IOL was a obvious need. And I said before, during and after the draft we needed a center and a guard. Creed was always on my wish list as a top 2 center and Smith was a plug and play guard talent I wanted as well. I thought he would go in round 5 after the medical. Rounds 2 and 3 are like round 1 for IOL. I had wanted McCoy the year we took little. But really, it comes down to we needed IOL, had the opportunity and failed to seize it. 

14 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...thing that worries me about Mayfield is he misses route developments .... OBJ bitched about this...but hes a bitch.... Does he not see these open receivers because the line is allowing too much pressure on him...he has all the tools physically but his height is a detriment. maybe a deeper drop could alleviate that... but thats on McAdouche to figure out...

What makes OBJ a bitch? Too handsome and talented for you? My god handsome talented black men make people crazy. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean,  we don’t need anymore proof Rhule isn’t a NFL HC….

but seriously, I don’t get how he was viewed as a good college HC.  Let’s put the fact he beat nobody to the side.  Given his nature of excuse making, inability to talk….how did anyone buy what this was selling. 

I don’t think Tepper was joking. He hired Rhule because he was sloppy, sweaty and short order cook like him. 

And don’t forget his wife’s meatballs that Hurney couldn’t get enough of. 

We lose to the Giants and our season is toast .  It does not get easier from now on .    Tepper needs to listen to our fan base .  We don't need a rah rah coach .  Get on the phone and at least talk to Sean Payton even though I hated him when he was with the Saints .   He was a good coach for the wrong team .

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

What makes OBJ a bitch? Too handsome and talented for you? My god handsome talented black men make people crazy. 

...nothing to do with handsome or talent and not sure how you drew that conclusion...but oh well... hes always been a distraction on every team hes been on and rants like a child when he doesnt get his way.... had he not gotten injured he would have been a distraction for the Rams..

29 minutes ago, catnip said:

We lose to the Giants and our season is toast .  It does not get easier from now on .    Tepper needs to listen to our fan base .  We don't need a rah rah coach .  Get on the phone and at least talk to Sean Payton even though I hated him when he was with the Saints .   He was a good coach for the wrong team .

Pete Carroll is a rah rah coach.  Dabo is a rah rah coach. 

We were sold that is what Matt Rhule is.  But Matt Rhule isn't even a rah rah coach.   I still don't know what he is.