• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person says the Panthers will win this one

ladypanther

The Giants aren't good in a lot of ways.  Unfortunately, one way they are good is running the football.  And one way we are terrible is defensing the run.  That is a bad matchup for us.

I think we can take care of business on offense, provided we don't trot out a game plan that involves us outsmarting the Giants and instead we outsmart ourselves.  We have no business trying to outsmart anybody. 

As people said, this could go either way.  Based on last week for both teams, if it comes down to the wire and a coaching decision, let's hope we have the option to phone a friend.

7 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The Giants aren't good in a lot of ways.  Unfortunately, one way they are good is running the football.  And one way we are terrible is defensing the run.  That is a bad matchup for us.

I think we can take care of business on offense, provided we don't trot out a game plan that involves us outsmarting the Giants and instead we outsmart ourselves.  We have no business trying to outsmart anybody. 

As people said, this could go either way.  Based on last week for both teams, if it comes down to the wire and a coaching decision, let's hope we have the option to phone a friend.

Just think. Fat ass Brown was supposed to be run stuffer. And he suuuuuuucks. 

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Just think. Fat ass Brown was supposed to be run stuffer. And he suuuuuuucks. 

Well, the upside is our pass rush was bad, too.  If that continues, maybe Jones will see no need to run out of the pocket.  That will probably make our rushing defense stats look better, which in turn will give Rhule a silver lining to talk about on Monday.

I wonder if Phil Snow has ulcers over this defense.  It is his creation, but he should still be hitting the Maalox.

1 hour ago, Coreyl90 said:

I don't think we'll see Saquon run wild. I think last week was a fluke and they'll tighten up going forward

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Based on what? No new personnel, same DC that we've seen get gashed by the run for years now... signs do not point to such a conclusion.

The one thing I do think was a fluke last week were all the missed tackles.  I mean damn, 18 missed tackles is not something you expect to persist throughout the season.  Otherwise, we'll end up with almost triple the number of missed tackles this season as we did last season.

Hopefully they emphasized this in practice all week, something I think Snow did mention.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Look at last year under both guys that were Rhule's OCs and last week for a clue. They're going to be pass heavy despite saying they want to run.

True, but Rhule has a habit of being called out on things and course correcting for a week.  Not always, but it happens some. 

but yeah, overall McAdoo is going to do what he does.  Go pass heavy out of 11 personnel week after week 

For example about the course correct when called on stuff, McAdoo got called out for his bullshit repeated personnel and the fact he only put 3 WRs on the field all game.   McAdoo claimed some 50 play defense but that was bologna.  Tons of teams only got 50 something plays.   Teams with 50 plays put different WRs on the field because they don’t want defenders looking at the same dude running out of the same formation for 50 straight plays.   Now suddenly TMJ has the greatest practice of all time out of nowhere.  What a coincidence.   Thankfully to the best practice of his life McAdoo might be able to put Higgins and TMJ on the field occasionally and mix up some looks and plays. 

• Beer 1

What feels a bit less hopeless this season, is having an OC who can actually adjust to what the defense is doing.  Last season we pretty much knew we were doomed if we were down at halftime due to the inevitable Joe Brady implosion in the 3rd quarter.  Our 17-7 halftime deficit would've been 38-7 after 4 straight 3-and-outs lol.  Now I feel like we at least have a chance to claw our way back from behind.  Definitely need the D to step it up though.

• Pie 2