• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other games

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah those guys took the pros of that team, left the cons, and moved to Buffalo. I can't believe the GM, HC, and OC were all in our building ready to take over

I can. Beane was highly thought of throughout the industry. And McDermott was already extremely well thought of. He didn't get enough credit in Philly as he replaced a legend up there but he made another good run here. And early results up in buffalo was again putting a good defense together.

Dorsey was the wild card. But not shocked. Was a little dude that balled out in college that had no business as a NFL guy but stuff longer than expected as he just get the game. Interesting he was there when both cam and allen took huge steps up. Not saying it's 100% on him, but the step for cam after a few years in was eye opening. All that said not 100% sold he is some OC genius yet either as they have soooooo much talent on O. 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Jalen Hurts>YGM in the 2nd round. We needed a project behind Teddy

TBH, I am confident in my eye-test evaluations and have a good track record with my draft projections going years back, and I did not think Hurts was going to be a starting NFL QB, at least not a good one.  He was not impressive at all as a passer to me at Alabama...  I always thought if you could force him to pass, that was usually when Bama struggled ot lost, it was just that most teams weren't capable of forcing him to do so.  He improved as a passer at OU, but I still didn't think it was enough to translate to the pros, but he has really impressed me in the pros.  The one thing about him that couldn't be quantified was his work ethic, snd it's clear he puts in the work and has gotten significantly better.  

But yeah, I never really loves the YGM pick, and even then, I would've preferred a project in Hurts over YGM.  Now in hindsight, it definitely would've been the better pick and less of a project than I expected.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, chbright said:

I can. Beane was highly thought of throughout the industry. And McDermott was already extremely well thought of. He didn't get enough credit in Philly as he replaced a legend up there but he made another good run here. And early results up in buffalo was again putting a good defense together.

Dorsey was the wild card. But not shocked. Was a little dude that balled out in college that had no business as a NFL guy but stuff longer than expected as he just get the game. Interesting he was there when both cam and allen took huge steps up. Not saying it's 100% on him, but the step for cam after a few years in was eye opening. All that said not 100% sold he is some OC genius yet either as they have soooooo much talent on O. 

True, at least Dorsey isn't trying to outsmart everyone by overthinking things. At least smart enough to not try to fix what ain't broke. McAdoo seems to be setting up CMC and Baker for failure when it could be so much easier

22 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Jalen Hurts>YGM in the 2nd round. We needed a project behind Teddy

i actually said many times before the draft and during the draft that I wanted to take Hurts. I honestly thought we were going to bc we were looking into him. Its one of the pieces of the Hurney/Rhule 

FO that bothers me today.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

TBH, I am confident in my eye-test evaluations and have a good track record with my draft projections going years back, and I did not think Hurts was going to be a starting NFL QB, at least not a good one.  He was not impressive at all as a passer to me at Alabama...  I always thought if you could force him to pass, that was usually when Bama struggled ot lost, it was just that most teams weren't capable of forcing him to do so.  He improved as a passer at OU, but I still didn't think it was enough to translate to the pros, but he has really impressed me in the pros.  The one thing about him that couldn't be quantified was his work ethic, snd it's clear he puts in the work and has gotten significantly better.  

But yeah, I never really loves the YGM pick, and even then, I would've preferred a project in Hurts over YGM.  Now in hindsight, it definitely would've been the better pick and less of a project than I expected.

Yeah def not in the first round, but considering Will Grier was the only guy we drafted since Cam, and 2nd rounders are already hit or miss anyway he seems like the kind of guy worth the gamble. I didn't study the 2020 draft that much in advance though at the time so I didn't have him on my radar, partly because I thought we'd keep Cam, and then the Teddy thing, and PJ looked good in the XFL, etc.

• Pie 1