• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Henderson has to go...

Proudiddy

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Remember the talk that he didn't love the game and had even thought about quitting before we traded for him?  I think he should revisit that tough question for himself and save Fhule from that dilemma. 

This dude sucks.

1653433297389.jpg.45ea2cd72ec729cae0eb0650238bb304.jpg

The ball nearly hit Henderson in the head on that huge pass, he had decent coverage, just great pass and catch.

Plus this is main reason- If you have JC Horn on one-side and Henderson on the other, who are you throwing at??!?!?!? My answer would be Henderson and Im a fan.

Hes still learning, one time Wilkis was coaching him up face2face on the sideline. Trash is not the correct term.  

Edited by Basbear

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

How about last week when zero balls were thrown his direction … does that count?

If you want it to.  But again, I'm speaking to his entire body of work.  You're picking one game, I'm talking about all of them.  It could be argued that he singlehandedly lost the Cleveland game with what was one of the worst PI penalties ever committed where he had absolutely no reason to give up on that play.  Its one thing if you're doing it to save a TD where you just got smoked on a route.  It's another to do it when you're near your cover, have help nearby, and can still make a play.  Should've been the end of a drive, instead he essentially gave them 7.

I get it...  I've been playing and following football for 28 years.  It's a lot like OLinemen, the less you notice them, the better they're doing...  the issue is, Henderson's ONLY notable plays since hes been here are the bad ones.  No flashes of brilliance and gamebreaking athleticism and cover skills that made him a Top 10 pick.  I went down the list earlier in the thread...  his only memorable moments have been bad.  There have not been any impressive, amazing plays in coverage.  And no, I don't expect him to make those on the regular as even the best only get a few picks a year, but that's not even my standard...  I'm talking about PBUs, great coverage forcing errors by their QBs, etc.  

And whereas some have argued that he's fine because he's average, I disagree.  I don't expect him to be all-world, but I expect him to not be a liability, and more often than not he has in his year here, and I honestly, just from the ye test, like what I see more from Taylor than what I've seen from Henderson.

If you like him, cool.  I'm just not impressed and think Taylor is better.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If you want it to.  But again, I'm speaking to his entire body of work.  You're picking one game, I'm talking about all of them.  It could be argued that he singlehandedly lost the Cleveland game with what was one of the worst PI penalties ever committed where he had absolutely no reason to give up on that play.  Its one thing if you're doing it to save a TD where you just got smoked on a route.  It's another to do it when you're near your cover, have help nearby, and can still make a play.  Should've been the end of a drive, instead he essentially gave them 7.

I get it...  I've been playing and following football for 28 years.  It's a lot like OLinemen, the less you notice them, the better they're doing...  the issue is, Henderson's ONLY notable plays since hes been here are the bad ones.  No flashes of brilliance and gamebreaking athleticism and cover skills that made him a Top 10 pick.  I went down the list earlier in the thread...  his only memorable moments have been bad.  There have not been any impressive, amazing plays in coverage.  And no, I don't expect him to make those on the regular as even the best only get a few picks a year, but that's not even my standard...  I'm talking about PBUs, great coverage forcing errors by their QBs, etc.  

And whereas some have argued that he's fine because he's average, I disagree.  I don't expect him to be all-world, but I expect him to not be a liability, and more often than not he has in his year here, and I honestly, just from the ye test, like what I see more from Taylor than what I've seen from Henderson.

If you like him, cool.  I'm just not impressed and think Taylor is better.

Taylor looked  as bad as Henderson last year, and looked terrible in preseason this year.  If Taylor is your solution, I'll pass.