• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Diamonds in the rough

Stuart Smith

It is early, but two  players that have impressed so far are Marquand McCall and LaViska Shenault. Early to see if it is just flashes, or if that level of play can be sustained. McCall was an undrafted rookie free agent, Shenault was acquired for a 6th and a 7th round pick. A competent GM is always looking for the players who just need a chance. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

44 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

It is early, but two  players that have impressed so far are Marquand McCall and LaViska Shenault. Early to see if it is just flashes, or if that level of play can be sustained. McCall was an undrafted rookie free agent, Shenault was acquired for a 6th and a 7th round pick. A competent GM is always looking for the players who just need a chance. 

And the coaching staff on the new team is competent enough to maximize their potential.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

My brother in Christ, these were the first snaps Shenault has taken all year. We need to pump the breaks about being impressed by his two catch performance lest we anoint him the next GOAT a la David Gettis. He did great with his oppportunities this past game. Way, way, way too early to say I'm impressed with the guy yet.

McCall though, I'll give you that one. Rookie has looked solid so far.

• Pie 3
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

My brother in Christ, these were the first snaps Shenault has taken all year. We need to pump the breaks about being impressed by his two catch performance lest we anoint him the next GOAT a la David Gettis. He did great with his oppportunities this past game. Way, way, way too early to say I'm impressed with the guy yet.

McCall though, I'll give you that one. Rookie has looked solid so far.

Shenault’s run after catch was more impressive than all but a handful of plays I’ve seen from DJ since we drafted him. You can be impressed by that performance without anointing him an All-Pro caliber pickup.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1