• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It sucks Corral will never get his shot this year

GoobyPls

Just now, GoobyPls said:

Corral is taller and was playing with guys who didn’t make the roster 

He played like horrendous trash against basic vanilla defense and he's tiny and has an alligator throwing motion. Not pinning my hopes on that guy at all. We draft a QB or I'm out.

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The reality is most third round qb picks don't make it.  But Corral will get a shot next year, and with a different and likely better coach.  That will be better for him and slightly increase his chances of doing something for the team.

Highly doubt it. New coaches almost ALWAYS go get their own QB.

• Pie 1

TBH, I was extremely surprised Corral looked as bad as he did in preseason.  He looked completely overwhelmed and not like an NFL QB at all - not even a backup.

Unless he improves and makes an incredible leap in his development during a year in which he is sitting out due to injury, which would be extremely unlikely, if not impossible, I honestly don't even see him sticking around the league.  I know he's young and still a rookie, but you usually see something encouraging from guys that gives you something to build on...  he showed absolutely nothing.  I'm all for signing a guy grom another PS or someone who has previous starting experience at this point, but Corral would look even worse than Darnold or Baker has.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Highly doubt it. New coaches almost ALWAYS go get their own QB.

I am not saying we won't draft a qb.  We probably will unless we sign some big name.  But Corral WILL be here next year and have a shot.  That is almost beyond doubt unless someone wants to trade us something for him.  

Corral may end up being the backup.

Edited by Davidson Deac II