• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those wanting Darnold...

TheCasillas

15 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

A better O-line won't make Darnold a better QB. I wish the myth would die.

It damn sure isn’t helping Mayfield, he bails on a clean pocket the to the direction of his primary receiver. He’s missing open receivers and getting his passes batted down at a record setting pace. The OL and defense has drastically improved, having just a serviceable QB would make this a pretty good team. So yeah, gotta do what ya gotta do…

I've said time and time again Rhule and company sealed their fate when they shipped Bridgewater out the building and their solution was Sam Darnold. 

If they would have let him play out the contract they signed him with a solid roster around him we would have been in a much better position. 

But atlas we're in the mist of the Peter Principle from Rhule to McAdoo on down that's an anchor on this organization. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I take no pleasure in getting this one right.  I was praying that it would play out differently.  But here we are, right where i thought we would be. 

Now its going to be a back and forth rotation between Sam and Baker as each flounder around out there until the season is over. 

Imagine the convo in the quarterback room this week...

Baker:  Hey, Sam, so how's the rehab going?  You're looking pretty good.  Coming off IR this week?

Darnold:  Uh, no.  This thing is taking a lot longer than expected.  I might be done for the season.

Unfortunately, with our offensive coaching staffs under Rhule, you could replace Bridgewater, Darnold, and Mayfield with Montana, Elway, and Brady and the results would not be drastically better.  Some coaches can almost magically get the best from their talent.  Ours tragically gets the worst.

I don't even want to think about what would happen if we picked somebody high in the draft under this regime. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Unfortunately, with our offensive coaching staffs under Rhule, you could replace Bridgewater, Darnold, and Mayfield with Montana, Elway, and Brady and the results would not be drastically better.  Some coaches can almost magically get the best from their talent.  Ours tragically gets the worst.

I don't even want to think about what would happen if we picked somebody high in the draft under this regime. 

This is the absolute truth - and what I keep concluding after re-watching and analyzing games. No one is being put in a position to succeed. This scheme and staff is backwards and not getting even the average out of proven players from the Panthers, and is driving an average to above average QB into the bottom of the QB rankings. CMC has been turned from an elite receiving back into a Nebraska-style between the tackles fullback. 

The only way you would want to draft a high pick is if the entire staff is replaced with a proven QB developer. Rebuilds can ruin good QB talent as well as bottom dwelling teams that expect too much. 

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

I've said time and time again Rhule and company sealed their fate when they shipped Bridgewater out the building and their solution was Sam Darnold. 

If they would have let him play out the contract they signed him with a solid roster around him we would have been in a much better position. 

But atlas we're in the mist of the Peter Principle from Rhule to McAdoo on down that's an anchor on this organization. 

The way it should have gone, yep, game manager vet QB build up the rest of the team so when you do get your young QB he has a strong running game and a good defense to help him out. Teddy was fine for that   

Collecting failed QBs and throwing them at the wall hoping one sticks while draining your organization of draft capital, this is what that looks like. 

• Pie 1