• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We wait all off-season to witness garbage football for yet another season.

hepcat

7 minutes ago, beo said:

I don't disagree that this is the best and really the only course of action for us but unfortunately an NFL team will never not be profitable and fan organized boycotts won't ever really change anything. Same song and dance with other perennial losers; no matter how bad the product is the team will remain profitable. See the Fords, Bidwills, and Mike Brown for examples of teams that fail to fill their stadium all that well due to being perennial dumpster fires but the ownership group still refuses to relinquish control because even a half full NFL stadium is making money and team valuations only continue to exponentially increase as time passes. All we can really do is hope that Tepper isn't one of those sorts of owners but early signs aren't looking favorable on that front.

The franchise actually being respectable is more of an accessory to that profit than it is a need by any means, and Tepper won't be losing sleep over it. We're stuck with this garbage for a long time all because Tepper happened to be first in line for a team per the accordance of the NFL boys' club. Thankfully this version of the "Panthers" is really just a skinwalker wearing the Panthers that I once knew's shell so I don't feel bad over not watching games outside of when I'm bored like this past Sunday.

This is only true because fans continue to act on balance like addicts instead of like paying customers demanding a quality product. If the majority of fans changed their behavior, you would see things change rapidly. I'm changing my behavior because it makes sense for me personally. Others should do as they feel is best, but don't assume things will always continue to be as they have been in the past. 

There is no law that says the NFL must be popular. Everything you said about NFL teams being profitable while losing is contingent upon TV revenue deals that only persist as long as overall fan behavior remains unchanged.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Even if the next crew is just another mess at least it should be a new mess and after this I hope a shorter mess.

This year was never anything more than practice and auditions since Rhule and Co were brought back. So many overhyped moves.

Whatever, see who can improve and who we can dump for capital for the new crew.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 3

7 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

This is only true because fans continue to act on balance like addicts instead of like paying customers demanding a quality product. If the majority of fans changed their behavior, you would see things change rapidly. I'm changing my behavior because it makes sense for me personally. Others should do as they feel is best, but don't assume things will always continue to be as they have been in the past. 

There is no law that says the NFL must be popular. Everything you said about NFL teams being profitable while losing is contingent upon TV revenue deals that only persist as long as overall fan behavior remains unchanged.

I just don't see any real indication of this stuff changing. Regardless, the message of "If you aren't happy, don't support it" is a great one but most fans of NFL teams don't follow the team as closely as we do and those are the fans who drive the revenue. A few hardcore fans dropping the team won't stop the majority of fans from continuing to attend games and the like. Which, if they enjoy it more power to them! At the end of the day we really are just a vocal minority and the odds of an NFL team truly feeling the pinch, especially in a large market like the Carolinas that's one of the fastest growing in the country just don't seem great.

That being said, I'd love to be wrong and see profits plummet forcing Tepper into action to improve the product on the field. Just don't know what the odds of that really happening are. 

Edited by beo

I disagree that the staff is a “bunch” of college coaches. We can’t use that excuse really anymore because we have mostly NFL guys at key positions. The common denominators are as follows in order of blame:

1. Rhule

2. Tepper

3. Fitterer

4. (Insert name) shitty veteran QB from another team’s trash dump. 

30 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I disagree that the staff is a “bunch” of college coaches. We can’t use that excuse really anymore because we have mostly NFL guys at key positions. The common denominators are as follows in order of blame:

1. Rhule

2. Tepper

3. Fitterer

4. (Insert name) shitty veteran QB from another team’s trash dump. 

I made a whole thread about how many coaches on the staff are from the college ranks with minimal if any NFL experience. It’s like 80% of the staff. Yes, this season there are a few more NFL caliber coaches on the staff, but it’s not enough. The Matt Rhule “program” is fully in place and it is complete garbage. 

26 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I made a whole thread about how many coaches on the staff are from the college ranks with minimal if any NFL experience. It’s like 80% of the staff. Yes, this season there are a few more NFL caliber coaches on the staff, but it’s not enough. The Matt Rhule “program” is fully in place and it is complete garbage. 

The Offense looks worse than it ever has with an NFL OC and O-line coach. That tells me where the blame lies. 

Edited by BIGH2001

29 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

The Offense looks worse than it ever has with an NFL OC and O-line coach. That tells me where the blame lies. 

That is true but I can’t expect them to work miracles within an organization that is largely unqualified and dysfunctional. 

It’s like when anyone starts a new job in an established organization, you are like a transplanted organ. The body will either reject or accept that organ. Matt Rhule’s body rejects all organs with any semblance of competence. 

3 hours ago, pantherpride26 said:

As a panthers fan since I was 8 years old, I haven’t enjoyed watching a game in the last few years. Even when we win a random game it feels like a fluke and it’s filled with so many mistakes I still don’t feel inspired after it. I lived through the 1-15 season and the clausen year and it just has those feelings. No hope or excitement. But yet I’ve never missed a game and will still be watching every Sunday. 

Good for you!   I and most of us won’t. I had season  tix since 95. I sold them two years ago after after one year of fhule and trashwater.   I will never buy season tix again to the Tepper garbage heep. 

3 hours ago, pantherpride26 said:

As a panthers fan since I was 8 years old, I haven’t enjoyed watching a game in the last few years. Even when we win a random game it feels like a fluke and it’s filled with so many mistakes I still don’t feel inspired after it. I lived through the 1-15 season and the clausen year and it just has those feelings. No hope or excitement. But yet I’ve never missed a game and will still be watching every Sunday. 

Which instrument are you playing while the titanic sinks?

2 hours ago, beo said:

I just don't see any real indication of this stuff changing. Regardless, the message of "If you aren't happy, don't support it" is a great one but most fans of NFL teams don't follow the team as closely as we do and those are the fans who drive the revenue. A few hardcore fans dropping the team won't stop the majority of fans from continuing to attend games and the like. Which, if they enjoy it more power to them! At the end of the day we really are just a vocal minority and the odds of an NFL team truly feeling the pinch, especially in a large market like the Carolinas that's one of the fastest growing in the country just don't seem great.

That being said, I'd love to be wrong and see profits plummet forcing Tepper into action to improve the product on the field. Just don't know what the odds of that really happening are. 

Think you got it backwards. Most fans only care when the team is entertaining. It's the diehards like us who follow regardless.

But either way, all boycotting means is more opposing fans at games like we see already.

• Pie 1

I can’t believe Tepper signed off on signing Rhule to a 7 year contract. That should’ve been a red flag letting us all know that Tepper was in over his head. 

When I think about it, this team has never really be ran well. This is a bottom tier franchise, and we have fully cemented ourselves as the new Browns and Lions. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

I can’t believe Tepper signed off on signing Rhule to a 7 year contract. That should’ve been a red flag letting us all know that Tepper was in over his head. 

When I think about it, this team has never really be ran well. This is a bottom tier franchise, and we have fully cemented ourselves as the new Browns and Lions. 

Welcome to the David Tepper era. Take a seat with the rest of us diehard fans in the back of the bus.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1