• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, I was wrong

ladypanther

4 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I actually thought McAdoo would be a positive. He was not a good HC but as a coordinator he was good for Manning and that gave me encouragement.  I thought a couple of real NFL coaches on staff  might help Rhule be better.  I thought Mayfield would be a lot better than he is.  Did not think he would be  all pro but would be better than Darnold.  The batted balls, his inaccuracy....did not expect that.

I do tend to be an optimist.  Thought that this  team, because of the talent that we have, might be a wild card team instead of in competition for the worst team in the NFL.

This season is lost, miserable.  We wait so long for this and as fans deserve better.    Tepper has been a disaster as an owner.  Our only hope is that by some miracle he can admit that he does not know what he is doing and puts some real football people in charge.  Doubt his ego will ever allow that.  The NFL screwed us by falling in love with Tepper's money.  He was not who I wanted as an owner, but when we got him, again...was hoping for the best.  Did not expect that we would end up with the worst.

I have been a Panther fan from the beginning.  I went to home games for years.  A job loss due to the pandemic interrupted that.  Glad I am not now spending big money now on this sh#t show.  At this point, I refuse to even buy a t-shirt until things improve.  I know, like spitting into the ocean but it is my own little personal protest.

You're just a fan like 90% of us.. We all try to believe a little at the start of a new season.  We wait 8 months from January to the first of Sept.   and  > POOF <  in the matter of 2 games,  I felt the seasaon was over ...  that I'd have to go to a pumpkin patch with my bride in Oct because the Panthers game wouldn't be  worth my time watching ..  We're 1-3 in the easy part of our schedule. We've already had 3 home games against weaker opponents.  That's basically a quarter of the season..   4 wins maybe ? 

Oh, and what happened to all that  " playing for the coach " last week.. giving him the game ball  blah blah blah..   So we didn't have something  " special" to play for this week ??   How about playing for your paycheck and the fans for once..   ( END RANT )

4 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I started this thread after the giants game. Fitterer has gotten way too much of a free pass for the rosters he has put together and some of the awful trades/draft picks he’s made. His mid round picks have rivaled the Hurney drafts and the “value” on his trades has generally been poo. I suspect people are letting him skate because they can’t bear to think that we also need to replace the front office in addition to most of the coaching staff. 

If I'm the owner, and Fitt brings in Sam, and then Baker, and he tells me each one of them can be really good QBs for us, and they poop the bed, that is it for Fitt. Goodbye. I would be more angry at Fitt than Rhule, not that I am happy with Rhule.

Hurney brought us pretty much all of our all time Panthers greatest players through the draft. Our ring of Honor is Hurney draft picks, Walls, Jake, and Mills. What has Fitt brought us from the draft? And we're talking the top of every draft. Hurney brought us Cam Newton. Fitt brought us Sam Darnold.

I am not making a case that I want Hurney back. I don't. He flopped on later round picks too many times. I'm just pointing out that I don't like Fitt.

1 hour ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Girlfriend has been begging to go to a game for a couple of years now.

Won't do it until Rhule is gone and the shitshow if somewhat corrected. Joke of a team & organization right now. Sundays are basically spent hate-watching and wondering when we'll screw up. Sucks, but it's Week 5 and I'm already in offseason mode. 

Yeah definitely not paying for this poo show.  If they hire a promising HC and draft a QB, I'll try to check out a game next year.

9 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I started this thread after the giants game. Fitterer has gotten way too much of a free pass for the rosters he has put together and some of the awful trades/draft picks he’s made. His mid round picks have rivaled the Hurney drafts and the “value” on his trades has generally been poo. I suspect people are letting him skate because they can’t bear to think that we also need to replace the front office in addition to most of the coaching staff. 

I'm not giving Fitterer a pass. He was hired by Rhule so he's painted with the same brush. But the alternative in the next coaching hire is Tepper.  I don't trust Tepper to hire a competent short order cook. He would also hire the next GM if he doesn't let his handpicked coach do it. 

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

When we brought in Teddy I knew that was a lost season, and we gave him a multi-season contract. When we brought in Darnold, I knew that was a lost season, and we gave him a multi-season contract. When we brought in Baker I thought he was better than Darnold, but I still thought we were looking at another lost season. I thought these things at the time, not 20/20 looking back. Fitt decides who we bring in to play QB. Fitt is a moron when it comes to QBs. He has no idea what he is doing. The huddle knows better than Fitt about QBs, and that is why this team is trash.

Rhule is not helping matters because how could he? What could any HC do with Darnold at QB? You're just going to lose. Baker is a loser as well. The Browns paid him to go away. The best Rhule can do is to tell Baker to stop shuffling his feet like he's tap dancing before he throws. Baker is going to do whatever he wants until Rhule gets rid of him. "It's not the end of the world" is Baker's mindset. Baker will blame everyone else when things go wrong. He's a finger pointing guy, but the blame is with Fitt. Fitt is the reason Baker is the QB of this team, and Baker's poop play is the primary reason we are losing.

All of that is in the past now. This season is already lost. Yes we may still win 5 meaningless games, but no one cares anymore. The furture is now what matters, and the 2023 draft is the most important thing that will happen since we missed out on Justin Herbert in 2020. We must land the best QB from that good draft class to have any hope of seeing things turn around by 2024. If we miss again like in 2020, then we might as well give up on football for a couple of seasons until Rhule and Fitt are fired. Especially Fitt as he is mostly to blame.

This 100%. If fans can see it I find it hard to believe professionals cannot.

24 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If I'm the owner, and Fitt brings in Sam, and then Baker, and he tells me each one of them can be really good QBs for us, and they poop the bed, that is it for Fitt. Goodbye. I would be more angry at Fitt than Rhule, not that I am happy with Rhule.

Hurney brought us pretty much all of our all time Panthers greatest players through the draft. Our ring of Honor is Hurney draft picks, Walls, Jake, and Mills. What has Fitt brought us from the draft? And we're talking the top of every draft. Hurney brought us Cam Newton. Fitt brought us Sam Darnold.

I am not making a case that I want Hurney back. I don't. He flopped on later round picks too many times. I'm just pointing out that I don't like Fitt.

Derrick Brown and Jaycee Horn were bad picks considering all the other needs we had at the time. Ekwonu made more sense. But it’s hard for me to look at much that he’s done and be really impressed with any of it. Granted the coaching staff isn’t any good either but IMO it all needs to be blown up from the top down. 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m with you guys. Rhule hate is the place to be but we heard all off season how Fitterer did great when Rhule let him and that this off-season he had control. It’s still crickets about him and still blame Rhule for everything.

I think we need a full cleansing top to bottom. I know no one likes Tepper but I’m hoping he hires a top NFL exec or two that have been involved in coaching/GM searches and we get lucky and that coach/GM group also gets lucky with their first round QB. It’s all hope at this point.

Our current strategy for building a roster mostly appears to be picking up unwanted players from other teams and hoping they will play better here against the odds. This is what Gettleman used to do and when it failed it failed spectacularly. It only worked a time or two because we had drafted really well in the early 2010s and we basically stole Olsen from Chicago. Over time, Gettleman proved to be a horrible GM. Fitterer doesn’t seem all that different other than being more active in the trade market.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think Gettleman was better than most think but he wasn’t good enough. He missed too many times but let’s be honest, he only had 5 drafts and still got these guys:

Star, Short, Williams (injury hurt), Shaq, Moton, Norwell, Turner, CMC, Butker, Bradberry, Boston and Benjamin (so wish he never got hurt). Some backup/role players like Klein, Ealy, Funchess and Samuel.

Coleman, Tillman, Allen and others were decent role players we picked up too.

Our 2018 to current drafts have given us way less above average starters.

Gettleman/Ron era is by far our best stretch of success in team history. Ron/Hurney was absolutely terrible, but Ron/DG brought us 4 playoff seasons out of 5 with 3 of those being divisional round or further... Those results speak for themselves. Gettleman absolutely had his issues, but he was able to give Ron a roster that he could have success with and they worked well together. I still wonder what might have happened if JR never fired the nippleshorts. Cam's downfall was likely already inevitable and DG did a terrible job in NY and picked a bad QB but just from the results I think there is a chance (small as it may have been) Ron/DG could've made things work together longer term. Oh well

12 minutes ago, t96 said:

Gettleman/Ron era is by far our best stretch of success in team history. Ron/Hurney was absolutely terrible, but Ron/DG brought us 4 playoff seasons out of 5 with 3 of those being divisional round or further... Those results speak for themselves. Gettleman absolutely had his issues, but he was able to give Ron a roster that he could have success with and they worked well together. I still wonder what might have happened if JR never fired the nippleshorts. Cam's downfall was likely already inevitable and DG did a terrible job in NY and picked a bad QB but just from the results I think there is a chance (small as it may have been) Ron/DG could've made things work together longer term. Oh well

I really think it could just be as simple as Ron/Gettlemen were the guys in place during the prime Cam and Luke years. Those guys were such amazing talents they could carry the team.

• Pie 1

Been a fan since I moved down here in 1995. Went to Clemson a few times and made a point to go to at least one home game every year until the pandemic, including 2001 and 2010. Never at any point did I feel the apathy and lack of interest that I feel at this point. I will keep an eye on the final scores, but as long as Rhule and Fitterer are running this team, I will not spend another dime to support it. Like OP said, not even a t-shirt. It won't make a bit of difference to Tepper, but at least I can stop feeling like a sucker for falling for the annual bs that we will be an improved team. 

Edited by 1st down
  • Pie 1