• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whelp he is here for another week.

TLGPanthersFan

22 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

How did this guy become a billionaire?  Seriously.  He clearly has no awareness whatsoever.  Either that, or as I said, he is doing it on purpose.  It's the only explanation.

Not directed at you, but I remember all the slobbering here on the forum over tepper and his brass balls fame. lol

24 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

He clearly has no awareness whatsoever.  Either that, or as I said, he is doing it on purpose.  It's the only explanation. 

It's good old fashioned hubris. Or arrogance, or a combination. I sort of think that at this point in his life he feels as though he's made billions on making clever and shrewd decisions, so he has a gut feel or an eye for making the right call. He missed this one though, badly, and maybe it's a shock to the system, or thinking he can't possibly be wrong in his judgement here nd it all just needs a little more time to come to together.

Rhule isn't winning a Superbowl with this team, not this year, not next year, not ever. So what exactly is he here for then?

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yeah if Brady said that. 
If McVay said that. 
If Mahomes said that.

I would believe them. Because they have proven it. 
Panthers have never responded. Ever. 

Turtling is responding, as is shrugging your shoulders, as is mumbling "here we go again."

Not sure you know this, and maybe you should sit down for this pearl of wisdom, but Matt Rhule is full of dung.  A pure, 100%, 24-carat BS artist.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I also have predicted it won't be until we are eliminated from playoff contention, but this is literally rock bottom for me as a fan.  Every week he is still here, my morale drops even further and it was already at zero to start the season.  Everyone with a brain knows none of the issues are getting fixed with Rhule still here because he clearly doesn't know how to fix them.  He doesn't know what to do or how to do it, or it would already be done.  And yet, here we are, week after week, knowing with absolute certainty that there will not be any tangible, persistent change or improvement.  This has been 3 straight years of utter and complete mediocrity, with absolutely no improvement...  in fact, we have only seen signs of regression.  And yet, Tepper continues to keep him here.  

fug your money.  Do you hate us?  Is that what it is?  Did your mom leave your dad for someone from the Carolinas or something and this is like that time you bought your former boss' home and razed it?  Is that what this is?  Because if you cared anything about winning, you long would've moved on from this loser you continue to associate yourself with.  Yet, you insist on keeping him, so there's got to be a personal reason motivating you to do so, knowing your reputation is being destroyed in the process...  you've gotta be using him to exercise some kind of revenge on us as fans.  Otherwise, it just makes no sense.  What did we do to you?  This just sucks, and that's not even near the appropriate term to describe this level of disappointment double dipped in depression.

This is not mediocrity. Mediocrity is 7-9 wins. We have been a bottom 5 team since 2019

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

This is what I just don't get.  It doesn't just affect fan morale.  The longer you keep him, you are destroying your reputation as well as the organization's.  If you keep him, you are slowly chipping away at all of that to the point that players will not want to come here, at least not the ones you need or want.  You become a laughingstock, where the only players or coaches willing to come are only because you outbid everyone else.  We already reached that point this offseason on the coaching side where we assembled a staff of cast-offs, misfits, guys who wore out there welcome elsewhere, and guys who pretty much just can't get a job elsewhere.  And look how many guys turned down our job offers or just straight up left the team in the offseason.  

Also, I like Fitt, but remember, I believe it was Peters?  He was on our short list to interview for GM and he ended up withdrawing his name at the last minute.  How often does that happen?  And that was before we got to this point...  it's very telling.  Tepper's reputation precedes him, and it isn't good.  Now add the last three seasons to that...  he is killing off any appeal we had left to attract players and coaches, and he couldn't give a poo less.  How did this guy become a billionaire?  Seriously.  He clearly has no awareness whatsoever.  Either that, or as I said, he is doing it on purpose.  It's the only explanation. 

It was Ed Dodds who dropped out early, likely because he wanted full control.

Peters made it to the second set of interviews but then the Niners offered him an elevated title and a pay increase.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Honestly I am not surprised that he hasn’t been fired, I predicted it won’t be until we are statistically eliminated for the playoffs. 
But Rivera was fired the Tuesday after Rivera had his Monday press conference so maybe?

Eh, probably not. 

Only about 150 more weeks to go til he's fired!

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

It was Ed Dodds who dropped out early, likely because he wanted full control.

Peters made it to the second set of interviews but then the Niners offered him an elevated title and a pay increase.

Ahh yes!  But point remains...  not many guys who have a shot to get 1 of only 32 jobs in the world withdraw their name from consideration unless something is really off.  

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

They "always do"?

When exactly did that happen? 🤔

What are you talking about? Of course they're going to respond!! They are going to respond the same as they always do - by not showing up, making stupid turnovers, having no halftime adjustments, and Fatt Fhule having his same dumb looking face on the sideline after the L.

Rhule is 11-19? since becoming coach and it keeps getting worst.

Funny Ron Rivera has a better record with terrible Washington🤣

Mike McCarthy has the Cowboys at 3-1 this year but but but don’t hire a retread, Rivera 2.0 and all that. He was my pick that year. Not wonderful but anyone want Rhule over him now?

Fans and Mr Magoo tried  to get cute with coaching and rebranding after Jerry was gone but Carolina went from relevant to Worst team in the league and it’s not even close.

Fire the owner. Bring back Mr Seatbelt