• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule’s QBs

ncfan

29 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

Rhule has had 4 former 1st round QB picks behind center and none have been able to win. 

And two Heisman trophy winners.

And three playoff QBs.

And one Super Bowl QB.

And two #1 picks in the draft.

I know, I know, they were all bad or broken down. But he, and management, said, "Hell, let's ride with them. We can make it work."

Oh and PJ Walker.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Imagine if Rhule mentioned Ben McAdoo as his OC when interviewing for HC jobs in the first place. Would have been laughed out of the room. 

Oh, I would not bet on that.  He was being interviewed by a fellow BS artist (Hurney) and pitching to an owner who has no idea how an NFL team actually operates.  I'm sure he would have ginned up some "analytics" to say that the odor or horse manure was actually roses, and Tepper would have bought it.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, BrianS said:

FWIW, Bridgewater's 56.8 is the highest QBR the Panthers have had since 2015.

another example of this stat's flaws. Cam in 2017 was so much better than Teddy 2020. But yeah Baker sucks in every metric

Teddy was better than that elsewhere. Mayfield was far better than that, just last year, with upwards of six different injuries, unable to scramble, and with 4th string tackles blocking his blindside. Darnold was criminally developed with the Jets, so not sure he can play better than that, but the line in '21 and Rhule sure didn't develop him further.

If you all think it's QB and not system, scheme, and coaching, I don't know what to tell you but to go back and rewatch the game film.  

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

The most telling take from this is that Matt Rhule is the common link. 

It's a pattern, clearly. 

Expecting players to overcome bad coaching is something you just don't see much of in the NFL, and at least, should not expect as a prerequisite for actually winning games, because you won't win many. 

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I've been saying it...  every single one that has come here with any established history has the worst year of their careers.  BY A LOT.  It simply is amazing that he is still employed because by all observable metrics he has not shown one single encouraging sign.  He has gotten worse and offensively, we have gotten worse every year.

at some point you've got to figure it's not the QBs. 

can't blame it on the OC, either. or really the GM.

somehow it falls down to the one common denominator that has been here the longest.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1