• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We blaming TE’s now?

NAS

1 hour ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Tremble, Thomas, both have a lot of dropped balls. I don't see a problem with telling them to do a simple thing as to catch a ball thrown to them. 

That's the players Rhule wanted. He even grossly overpaid Thomas for...I don't know.  Then they start out focusing every throw to said overpaid TE and...well...makes sense. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Having just sat through the All22, there are 3 drops by TEs in the first half. Ian Thomas has two drops in one series early. 

Tremble starts catching balls later. This offense is very inconsistent in all facets and therefore cannot sustain drives to put puts on the board. 

Time of possession for the offense is not helping. The defense's "bend don't break" is keeping them on the field for ages in second halves. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

McAdoo has spoken in the past about loving receiving TE’s, then we re-sign Ian Thomas to a multi-year deal while he had shown basically no ability as a receiving TE, then are surprised when we have no receiving tight ends.  

the disconnect between the front office and coaching staff is so blatantly obvious, but here we are getting the same poo week after week 

I dont get why hes trying to force SO god dam plays thats NOT to his players strengths........ Baker needs alll sort of help. Put in some dink dunk CMC gravy plays for the love of god... Call plays for other WR not named Smith, PLAY other WRs more than 2 snaps, play CMC in the slot and run foreman with you go-to drive tard call....

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

They probably are too surprised a pass made it past the LoS to be ready to catch it. 

Funny! However, all the drops happen prior to the first batted pass from Mayfield. 

At the time of Mayfield's first batted pass, Kyler had 2. Cardinals adjusted and I don't think he had another pass batted by the Panther's D the rest of the game (but I might be wrong about) 

1 hour ago, NAS said:

First it was the offensive line, then the wide receivers, now the tight ends?  What!

Ya damn skippy.  I've been barking up this tree since--uh, forever.  Realistically since Olsen's FIRST foot injury. Heck, what do I know, only harped about safety play for about a decade before we drafted Chinn, who, by the way, I mocked to us in the second round that draft.

46 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I dont get why hes trying to force SO god dam plays thats NOT to his players strengths........ Baker needs alll sort of help. Put in some dink dunk CMC gravy plays for the love of god... Call plays for other WR not named Smith, PLAY other WRs more than 2 snaps, play CMC in the slot and run foreman with you go-to drive tard call....

This is so elementary, but it's above our coaches' heads. I just can't fathom why they won't do the obvious things...Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1