• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bust?

Proudiddy

The problem with trying to reach a verdict on Fitts is a little like trying to reach a determination of most of our roster......what is on them and what is on the coaching staff/Rhule?

For Fitts, we can blame Tepper for creating what organizationally is a bureaucracy.  It is set up in a way that it is almost impossible to hold anybody responsible for anything because the lines between the duties are so blurred they are unrecognizable.  I can't tell what is Fitts and what is Rhule because Rhule's "lane" includes so much of what should be the GM's responsibility.  And we are not talking about Hoodie, or Reid, or John Harbaugh, we are talking about a guy who has proven absolute zero in the NFL, both before and after he was given that much leeway.

Is YGM a bust?  I dunno, it is certainly not looking like he is going to realize his potential.  But before I make that judgement, I would like to see him play for an honest-to-gawd NFL coach (HC and DC) in an NFL system.  This is the same crew that managed to neuter Chinn.

• Pie 4

42 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Being a good rotation guy is ok in this league. People will clamor about his 2nd round status but he will get a second contract either with the panthers or someone else.

I see it differently.

A player drafted in the top 64 draft choice for a rebuilding club with a new HC needs to be a difference maker. If he were a 4th rounder (or even a late 3rd rounder) his production wouldn't concern me as much.

Based on his production so far, YGM appears to be a JAG. If we lost him, I think we could replace him with a later round draft choice in the next year or two and not miss a beat. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My bad, I thought Fitts drafted him. Either way, I welcome any evidence that Fitts is going to prove to be a competent GM.

I like what I see out of Brown, Horn, BC, Ickey, McCall, etc.

Also impressed he was able to trade Greg Little and Dennis Daley, signed Austin Corbett, Woods and Luvu, and traded for Shinault.  

sure it’s a mixed bag overall, but he has made some good moves.  

• Pie 5