• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wouldn’t mind seeing Darnold play…

Wundrbread33

Im one more Baker Mayfield shitfest of a game away from being fine with Sam playing when hes healthy....and I NEVER thought I would say that.  At least Sam, sometimes, has the ability to have a decent game.  Baker has just stunk the joint up every single game so far.  If we had even an average QB we would be 3-1 at the worst right now.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Literally me for 3 hours on Sunday. 

(Your profile pic kills me every time)

I only had to keep it up for a week.   @poundawaychoose the Brady pic in an attempt to shame me…..because I always argued Joe Brady wasn’t the primary issue with the O.  That was Rhule.  Firing Brady wouldn’t do anything. The problem was still here.  I also trashed McAdoo and told him he was horrific.  That he was run out of NY and playcalling in general for his predictable and horrible calls/offense.    He said that wasn’t the case on McAdoo.   That we actually had a real OC now and I had it all wrong. 

so I just keep it up.  He seems to be too busy these days to post suddenly now though 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I only had to keep it up for a week.   @poundawaychoose the Brady pic in an attempt to shame me…..because I always argued Joe Brady wasn’t the primary issue with the O.  That was Rhule.  Firing Brady wouldn’t do anything. The problem was still here.  I also trashed McAdoo and told him he was horrific.  That he was run out of NY and playcalling in general for his predictable and horrible calls/offense.    He said that wasn’t the case on McAdoo.   That we actually had a real OC now and I had it all wrong. 

so I just keep it up.  He seems to be too busy these days to post suddenly now though 

@poundaway is MIA as expected

• Flames 1

Ignoring our forfeited draft pick going from a 4th -> a 5th (which in itself honestly should be /thread), we would also be able to figure out the issue on the batted passes.  If batted passes continue under Darnold or PJ, then yeah it's an OC predictability issue.  If they miraculously disappear after a QB change, then yeah it's a Baker issue.

Really all you can give Baker the edge on is committing less turnovers (1 per game vs. Darnold's 1.4 per game last year).  But the alternative of going 3-and-out every possession under Baker is not a huge improvement and tbh to a casual fan who sees football as entertainment, it makes for a much more boring game than a QB who can somewhat move the chains but throws a boneheaded pick once a game.  Also we've honestly been lucky not to have more turnovers this year considering all the fumbled snaps and batted passes.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

I chose the Brady pic because you simply could not stop talking about him.  If someone trashed that inexperienced child, you would rush into the conversation, derail the thread and talk about how "super talented" Joe Brady was.  He was NEVER a good OC ANYWHERE. 

You won't admit it now, but you absolutely love Joe Brady.

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

I find your argumentation from the offseason to present day to be very confusing.  You wouldn't allow any criticism of Joe Brady because you argued he wasn't the primary issue with the O and it deflected blame away from Matt Rhule.  You also argued that Matt Rhule was a notorious micromanager who had his fingers all over the offense which is why you largely absolved Joe Brady.

But now, you're all "McAdoo McAdoo McAdoo" in thread after thread after thread and very explicitly blaming him for all our offensive woes.  Your McAdoo:Rhule critique ratio is about 15:1 which means the CRA from 2 months ago would have accused you of being a Rhule lover who deflects blame from him any chance he gets.  So what has changed?  Did Rhule all of a sudden stop micromanaging?  I doubt that, because as you've argued multiple times, micromanagers don't just stop micromanaging - they don't go against their nature.

Me on the other hand: I can argue that Joe Brady was a terrible OC and now McAdoo has been a terrible OC.  The common denominator seems to be Rhule who is either micromanaging to the detriment of our offense, or is just absolutely horrible at picking OCs.  See?  Very straightforward, no inconsistencies.  But the offseason CRA would have an absolute field day with the present-day CRA and the pass you're giving Rhule for our offense.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1