• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Help! Please, my name is torturing me

Panthers Rhule

I run a non-Panther Invision Board forum (college football focused). It's extremely easy for an admin to change a username (there's a separate admin panel mods can't cases), or enable it for users to change themselves. But I don't blame Zod for having that disabled for users since things can get messy when a forum has this many members.

An alternative is to create a new account, and an admin can merge the accounts together, maintaining post count, ranks, etc. 

But still, the easiest is to just edit the display name via the admin panel. Should take no more than a minute or two if he sees it and is open to it. 

Hell, I'd propose opening it up for 30 days to give users a chance to change it themselves without opening up the can of worms of everyone making personal requests.

But short answer, easy for admins, but I don't think mods can unless given certain admin permissions