• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How bad is Baker Mayfield?

NAS

Historically a 71.9 rating 30 or 40 years ago would have put you in the middle of the pack.

For comparison, HOF QB Terry Bradshaw has a  71 career rating.

But in today’s NFL it means you are dead last, really suck and should be relegated to a backup (at best).

• Beer 2

My question is why is he so bad? He was not this bad in Cleveland. I believe that the offense the Panthers are running does not fit his strengths. McAdoo is on record saying he did not want to draft Baker. I wonder if he was forced on McAdoo even though he does not fit his offensive scheme.  

Also McAdoo’s offense looks terrible…why? I mean this guy has had some success in the NFL. I will be interested to see if Rhule was micromanaging the offense and that’s the reason why it looks so bad. I guess we will find out but with a 4th string QB it will be hard to know. This team has playmakers on offense  and they have a solid O-line. This offense should not be this bad I have to wonder if Mcadoo and Baker are just a bad marriage. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Walker is 2 inches shorter than Mayfield. I, for one, can't wait to see how many batted passes he has. My guess is... fewer 

Pretty interesting we're going into a game with a 5'11" guy and probably a 6'6" Eason as the backup. I wouldn't be surprised if Darnold is activated tmrw if that's within the IR rules, pretty sure he was eligible to come off IR last week and and he's been walking around with no boot or limp for a month already