• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

yea...fitt can go... now lets see if tipper learned anything.... get a new gm...a damn good one....and then he hires the coach...  then a qb....

It would be a huge surprise if Fitt was let go. Rhule had the final say of personnel decisions. It would be nice to let Fitt have a hand in picking the next coach as most GMs do.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hard to believe, but given that he’s saddled with a staff he didn’t choose and stuck with an offense that’s underperforming at epic levels, he might actually be in an even worse situation than he was in Arizona.

Wilks is …he has a set of Lego pieces that do not work together 

if I were him, I’d get the staff and the captains together and come to a consensus of what they are going to be  in all 3 phases.   I don’t give a damn if that offense only has 10 decent offensive plays, execute them to perfection 

Thus, the main foundational issue  with  Rhule, of many, he had no idea what he wanted this team to be to a decompositional level vs ‘pie in the sky’ image and without that foundation, a staff can’t be developed, players drafted etc   This shows in no better place than his egregious handling of the QB position 

It’s like building a house with no foundation in quick sand   

I wish Rhule and his family well and I’m sure he will return to college where he belongs but he never belonged in the NFL

• Pie 3

Fitt has never been the problem, he has acquired great deals for good players but the coaching staff hasnt been able to coach them right. But Fitt has done a damn good job in getting solid pieces. Except henderson. Fitt has fixed our cap problem and done some amazing trades in the draft.

Edited by ncsfinest21
  • Pie 3

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Totally agree.

In his last try, he was part of a sh-tty organization (I know, insert comment here) and wasn’t given a fair shake. This time, he’s behind the 8 ball, but I’m hoping he gets a fair evaluation.

I know everyone wants a top pick, but you can’t not root for Wilks.

Wilks deserves a second shot, let’s see what he can do. However, not sure he can do much with current QB situation 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

It would be a huge surprise if Fitt was let go. Rhule had the final say of personnel decisions. It would be nice to let Fitt have a hand in picking the next coach as most GMs do.

....fitt is not exonerated in this mess... trading away picks when you need bodies to rebuild...(cause that is where we are, still) we have some nice pieces but talent needs upgraded... we have 4 picks next year and no money....but that number one pick better be a top tier QB.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

....fitt is not exonerated in this mess... trading away picks when you need bodies to rebuild...(cause that is where we are, still) we have some nice pieces but talent needs upgraded... we have 4 picks next year and no money....but that number one pick better be a top tier QB.

The only problem is, I don't see a franchise QB out there this year.  Stroud seems to be the front runner but OSU is loaded with talent and he just works the system well.  Young is a midget and after Baker I don't know if we want a small QB.   IMO these QBs have as many question marks as last year's class or the year before, including Lawrence. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The only problem is, I don't see a franchise QB out there this year.  Stroud seems to be the front runner but OSU is loaded with talent and he just works the system well.  Young is a midget and after Baker I don't know if we want a small QB.   IMO these QBs have as many question marks as last year's class or the year before, including Lawrence. 

yea..nother crap shoot...  not an easy decision when we desperately need a QB