• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey

t96

Dude has gotten better every single week so far and just played a dominant game. This emergence from him at arguably the 2nd most important position in the league I think will be critical (along with a top pick for a QB) in selling our HC opening to top candidates. So fuging happy with this pick so far.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Always have to take PFF with a grain of salt but I had the (dis)pleasure of having the game broadcast in my area. Considering the 49ers defense, pass protection in my eyes was better than expected. Still needs work (Moton may not last much longer) but the trend is in the right direction.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

And to think, we had people asking if he was a bust a few weeks ago.

Dummkopfs!

It was Matt’s college approach to getting him starers reps from day one. He just thought college style would work in all aspects of the job.

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Now if only he had been taking the starting LT reps from day 1 of camp, he might have been where he is right now going into Week 1.

Dam to think he’d woulda been more seasoned then his now so glad we’ve ended Matt’s foolishness

I think folks think of immediate impact but it takes a while for these guys to translate the raw skills into nfl calibre players. 

I think this is extremely promising even though there will be ups and downs this season as he is still learning.  Five games in and I think he is well ahead of where he was expected.  Not sure how the other first round tackles look other than anecdotal comments but I think so far he is above everyone else.

• Pie 1