• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Takeaways from Tepper's Presser

Proudiddy

I dont think player wise, the team is that far away.  They have been forced into a college vanilla playbook and never bought into it because it was dumb.  The same players playing an NFL scheme will play better because their skill sets will match up better and will be put into a position to make plays.  Also, Mayfield, doesnt fit Mcadoo at all.  Mayfield cant do the dink and dunk offense because hes short thus the batted balls.  Hes a gunslinger, he has better success when he has time to throw the ball down field.

• Pie 3

IMO, Tepper doesn't need to know how to get to success or be able to define it any deeper than winning.  That is the job of people he hires.

What an owner primarily needs to do is stay out of the way.  The problem with Tepper's reign thus far is not that he has waded into things he needed to stay out of (that we know), but the fact that he 1) set up a division of responsibilities that would make Rube Goldberg proud, and 2) hired Rhule and gave him more power than a coach should have, and more than a guy with no NFL pedigree could handle.  The hiring part of #2 may be 2a, which would be listening to Marty Hurney

I never understood why Rivera was sent packing before Hurney.  I think they both needed to go, but it made sense to dump the GM first, then hire a GM to help find the new coach.  Instead, he did it bass ackwards.

• Pie 3

Watching some of the presser, Tepper just came off to me as a guy who has always had answers and solutions to his problems but in this instance has no idea how to solve the problem and he’s very uncomfortable with that. That uncomfortableness was written all over his face at the start

• Pie 6

If you're going to put a guy in an interim role with 11 games left to play, you have to at the very least put forth the act that you're going to give him a chance to earn the job long-term. How is he supposed to win the locker room if you come out and say, "Yeah, this clown is gonna be out on his ass with the other clown as soon as this season is over"?

I mean, let's say Wilks comes in and goes 6-5 down the stretch. Do I expect that? Hell no. But let's say he does. Honestly, I'd say he's earned the job in that case.

16 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

Watching some of the presser, Tepper just came off to me as a guy who has always had answers and solutions to his problems but in this instance has no idea how to solve the problem and he’s very uncomfortable with that. That uncomfortableness was written all over his face at the start

This is perfect.  Great way to put it.

If he allows other people who know what they are doing to navigate this process we could improve quickly. If he still wants to be heavily involved we are likely in store for more of the same. When you watch this press conference and his tone and responses especially about Rhule just be sure to remember how eager he was to be in the draft room and give his input. He's tried to put his own personal stamp on things from the jump and we are much worse for it. I have a hard time believing he's pulled a 180 from that. We'll see.

19 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

My takeaway is that this team should've been sold to the Charleston, SC businessman, Ben Navarro, instead of this moron.

At least he finally fired Rhule though...

This times 1000.

My only regret is I can only pie this one time. If I could, I would give you all the pie.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

My takeaway is that this team should've been sold to the Charleston, SC businessman, Ben Navarro, instead of this moron.

At least he finally fired Rhule though...

This 

….a million times 

if ever there was a regional mismatch with an owner it is Tepper and the Carolinas 

he just doesn’t get it …never will, why the treatment of Newton, the disdain for Keep Pounding , the removal of seats where footballs were given away,  mattered 

there was a time when it mattered to be a fan of this team. There was a bond with the players.  No more

and he just doesn’t get it, bless his heart. 

• Pie 5