• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sean Payton Says Carolina job is Attractive

chknwing

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

What did Payton mean by "What you got here is a unicorn"

A unicorn situation is where there is a HC vacancy and there's an established, successful QB in place.  In other words extremely rare if not a complete fantasy.  Usually HCs don't get canned in such scenarios where there's elite QB play.  Most newly hired HCs are dealing with some sort of QB ineptitude walking in the door.

Edited by 45catfan

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Jimmy G... i agree... not Teddy though. 

In Sean Payton’s system it worked, when you sign players that fit your system and coach them up you get good results. I’ve always heard a good coach gets the most out of his players so I understand why he said Teddy as well. 

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Teddy wasnt Brees when he started for them, but he was functional enough to win almost all of those games.  He was not that here under Rhule.

Teddy could have won more if he was better prepared. He tried saying that and got traded for stating our practices weren’t thorough enough.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

my man said he would go after Jimmy G and Teddy B....  

Wasn’t Teddy 5/0 standing in for Brees under Payton? He also said they were bridge QBs until you find your guy. I’m not a fan of his, but he knows how to run a successful franchise…

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

A unicorn situation is where there is a HC vacancy and there's an established, successful QB in place.  In other words extremely rare if not a complete fantasy.  Usually HCs don't get canned in such scenarios where there's elite QB play.  Most newly hired HCs are dealing with some sort of QB ineptitude walking in the door.

LAC will be his unicorn. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

my man said he would go after Jimmy G and Teddy B....  

Well, who else said that about available QBs until a better QB comes around?

I have been right according to Sean Payton about QBs. Teddy would never be a starter. He is a career backup who can come in and win. Jimmy G can be the starter and win in the playoffs.