• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official HC Candidate Thread

methodtoll

6 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Yeah, I think he is very much an exception but agree with this.  Not sure if any other college coaches fall into this category but agree with this.

I wanted Harbaugh last time. He's quirky, and maybe an ass, but he's a proven pro. And perhaps he's learned some humility since San Fran.

I just think that Jim Harbaugh has some unfinished business in this league, and I want him on our side when he decides to finish it.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I'd take Jim Harbaugh in a second.

If you think of Matt Rhule was a nightmare of a control freak for people to work with, wait till you see Harbaugh.

Hell, at least the players liked Rhule. By his fourth year at San Francisco, his own team started to hate him.

Just now, Samppson said:

Obviously a lot depends on how the rest of the season plays out, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Wilkes. Think he has a shot at all in being the next guy? Would you be at all interested in him?

I don't think he was given a fair shot in Arizona.

Honestly though, the situation he's in with the Panthers right now might be just as bad.

I'll wait and see and I absolutely hope for the best for him, but he's got a really steep hill to climb.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I wanted Harbaugh last time. He's quirky, and maybe an ass, but he's a proven pro. And perhaps he's learned some humility since San Fran.

I just think that Jim Harbaugh has some unfinished business in this league, and I want him on our side when he decides to finish it.

I'm not so sure he is willing or desires to work with or under another NFL GM or Owner after what went down in SF. 

I get the opposite feeling. He knows he likes the colligate level and wants nothing to do with all the NFL BS he has been avoiding. 

Good coach but I don't see him coming back to the NFL anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not listening to any of you fools again.  Most of you were championing Rhule that last time we were looking for a head coach.  Then it was all hale Joe Brady, then Ben McAdoo.  None of you could pick a winner if you were handed one on a platter.

I kinda figured we'd see some HUDDLER names on the list....  I mean,   The Ole Ball Coach ( Spurrier )  said

" every man thinks he can coach and cook a steak "   🤣

• Beer 1

Of guys who we know could be hired as a promotion I’m most interested in Ben Johnson, Flores, Matindale or Ryans.

I prefer an offensive guy but there’s not many on the list that interest me.  Not Leftwich or Dorsey, for sure.  OCs with either an offensive HC who’s really running the show or an all world QB masking their deficiencies are too risky in my opinion.  That’s why I think Bienemy hasn’t gotten an opportunity yet.

If it’s one of the defensive guys he has to bring a really good OC with him. I’m done with these shitty OCs we’ve had since Chud’s second year. If John Harbaugh or Tomlin become available they’d jump to the top of my list. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
Clarified I meant Ravens’ Harbaugh