• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A suggestion to David Tepper: Please stop doing press conferences and issue written statements instead.

hepcat

Mr. Tepper,

The optics of the press conference you gave after firing Matt Rhule were quite ugly. You were cagey with your responses, and contentious with reporters who had legitimate questions concerning the team's performance, personnel attrition, and failed construction projects. I think I speak for all fans when I say, that press conference was not what we needed right now. If you are not going to be transparent and amicable, giving a live press conference reflects poorly on you and the entire organization. 

I suggest issuing written statements in lieu of live press conferences going forward. That way you can have professional public relations people proofread your statement to make sure it says everything you want it to say, and avoids pissing off the fanbase more than we already are given the team's 18-35 record since you bought the team. Maybe after the team has some success under your ownership, a live press conference would be more appropriate. 

A simple suggestion for you going forward. 

• Pie 4

I disagree. Yesterday's press conference was what the fan base needed, a vocal response from the owner. I dont give a poo if he has a feud with some reporters. I also dont care about his property mishandlings. I wanted a vocal response to the Rhule hire and what he was going to do next and I got it. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Whoever the reporter was that listed all of the failures and shortcomings of Teppers tenure here in Charlotte including the Rock Hill debacle needs a raise. Well done. Probably won’t be allowed back in the building 

anyone know who it was

Scott Fowler one of the OGs

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I disagree. Yesterday's press conference was what the fan base needed, a vocal response from the owner. I dont give a poo if he has a feud with some reporters. I also dont care about his property mishandlings. I wanted a vocal response to the Rhule hire and what he was going to do next and I got it. 

Agreed narddog.  

He did what fans have been clamoring for, no filter, straight shooting.  You got to see his true feels about it; not many owners are willing to do that and honestly, it's refreshing.  I haven't been the biggest fan but he took it.  Would like to see anyone like the Haslams or heck, even Irsay face that type of music.

Yeah he didn't make the best choice with Rhule, let's just move forward and hope we figure the next one out.  He's one of the only owners that doesn't feel like this inaccessible billionaire elite too good for the fans.  He's at least on level and accessible to receive the fan backlash, others just avoid it at all costs. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i'm kinda surprised a guy coming from the corporate world didn't have a more polished act there. i actually expected him to be frustratingly stone-faced and inscrutable 

I don’t know his background but I think his corporate background was just hosting dinner parties, hanging out at golf courses, and informal settings trying to convince other millionaire and billionaires to contribute to his hedge fund. You can tell Tepper is not a corporate talking robot. Good and bad advantages to this.