• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could someone give an actual explanation on what makes Tepper such a bad owner other than hiring a bad HC which a ton of other owners also do?!

panthersgreenville

12 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Aside from turning the Panthers into perennial losers and unceremoniously jettisoning the best QB in franchise history? he just comes off as an arrogant narcissist who doesn’t fit the kind of person who should own a professional sports team in the Carolinas. A Pittsburgh personality rubs southern people the wrong way. 

You think Tepper got rid of Cam?  That stinks of Rhule 100%. Even if Tepper signed off on it, he’s got to support his coach. Especially in those beginning stages.  Look at it this way, in the beginning before Rhule proved himself to be terrible, what message would that have sent if Tepper blocked him from crafting the team to fit his system?  He would actually be guilty of being the “meddling owner” that people make him out to be. 

13 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

You think Tepper got rid of Cam?  That stinks of Rhule 100%. Even if Tepper signed off on it, he’s got to support his coach. Especially in those beginning stages.  Look at it this way, in the beginning before Rhule proved himself to be terrible, what message would that have sent if Tepper blocked him from crafting the team to fit his system?  He would actually be guilty of being the “meddling owner” that people make him out to be. 

I mean, Tepper started being noncommittal on Cam the instant he took over.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jourdan Rodrigue reported that Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera were ready to offer Newton an extension.

Tepper nixed it.

A) Rodrigue reporting it doesn’t make it a fact

B) Even if it was true, would have been foolish to commit long term to an injured QB. Tepper seemed happy to let Cam come back and show he could still play but Rhule didn’t give him that opportunity. 

Tepper hired a college coach and gave him complete roster control. He allowed him to hire an almost entirely college staff with no NFL experience. 

He chased a QB with dozens of allegations of sexual misconduct, had our cap completely restructured to make room, and left us in QB limbo all for a guy that had no intentions of ever coming to Charlotte. Not to mention how much what it would have done to the fan base bringing that type of guy here just for the sake of winning. 

He ignored all the signs last year that Rhule needed to be fired. We missed out on some good candidates for HC because he couldn't see what us common fans did. Rhule was a micromanaging BS artist that wasn't good enough for the NFL. 

That's not good ownership. 

He’s openly admitted he’s still learning. He’s taken risks - something every wildly successful person does and something generally frowned upon for whatever reason. He’s stated that more balance in the staff is the goal moving forward.

Did some weird things like attempting to phase out keep pounding. But, yeah, I don’t know what more you could ask for when an owner hears the fans and does a 180. Freaking keep pounding game. That’s so awesome. He’s kept his nose out of decisions once implementing staff hasn’t he? Without too much conjecture that seems to be true. 

he gets hate for keeping quiet. I love that. Jerry Jones isn’t an attractive alternative to me. 

The uniforms have gotten relatively “creative”, he’s not a Jerry Richardson stick in the mud. 

He wants to win and he’s open to learning how. It’s sports, he has more money than god, he wants to win at this. We have them same goals. He’s was too patient early on and has been rushing since. He’s gonna get it corrected. We have such an opportunity in 1st world rough times like these to prove we’re not a jets or eagles type fan base. What happened to southern charm and grit? Can’t be too many transplants can it? Let them know what our motto is

• Pie 2

I don't get it either. People act like we were perennial NFCs champions before he bought the team. He took a big risky swing and it didn't work out and he fired the dude. He doesn't seem to meddle like Jerry does, he hasn't sexually assaulted female staffers like our prior owner, and has no big scandals I'm aware of. 

If Rhule worked out everyone would love him, hopefully he gets the next coach right. I think he humbled himself and learned from this.