• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks Presser

SteveSmithTD89

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

It's not about carrying water, it's about forming an opinion based on a body of work, while also taking context into account. That's what analysis is all about. You can have whatever opinion you like, but be accurate on your information; Wilks didn't pass on anyone. He had no power. If he had had power, the Cards would've moved up and taken Josh Allen. Keim wanted the other Josh, Wilks wanted Allen.

Allen. would. not. have. saved. him.

Just now, poundaway said:

No. I was rooting for the panthers to win moron.

You were the one wanted us to tank before the season started.

Your wish is coming true.

rooting for the panthers to win and being realistic about moron rhule and shitty baker are two completely different things.

One has to be borderline retarded to look at either body of work and think this team would "shock the world".  Remember that thread you were all over sucking them off?

• Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

rooting for the panthers to win and being realistic about moron rhule and shitty baker are two completely different things.

They are different things, that you cannot tell the difference between.

At least I wasn't celebrating every loss and rooting for us to lose in game day threads.

Hey look its Jackoff Lee here to suck you off. 

Edited by poundaway

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

Allen. would. not. have. saved. him.

Maybe not, but that's because the management is not as enlightened as the Bills'. You even said yourself that Allen sucked his first year, and yet the Pegulas nor Beane were knee-jerk in their assessment of McDermott. And, honestly, Kingsberry's seat is warm (if not hot) for a reason. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

One has to be borderline retarded to look at either body of work and think this team would "shock the world".  Remember that thread you were all over sucking them off?

Reported.

7 minutes ago, poundaway said:

They are different things, that you cannot tell the difference between.

At least I wasn't celebrating every loss and rooting for us to lose in game day threads.

Hey look its Jackoff Lee here to suck you off. 

Just report him he's going full chuck.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Maybe not, but that's because the management is not as enlightened as the Bills'. You even said yourself that Allen sucked his first year, and yet the Pegulas nor Beane were knee-jerk in their assessment of McDermott. And, honestly, Kingsberry's seat is warm (if not hot) for a reason. 

Fair enough.  McDermott took them to the playoffs his first year after a long drought.  He had more room to breathe. 

We'll see.  Wilks is in a tight spot.  The O was not clicking.  If Wilks finds a way fix that, he might surprise people.  Firing the DC and a special team's coach absolutely did not address where the problem lies.

4 hours ago, poundaway said:

"Its all about execution.  When you go back an evaluate the first five games and where we are.  Its really just all execution."

I looooove this answer. I've never heard a coach ever in my entire life blame lack of execution for losing games. It's probably never happened in the history of the world.  Very refreshing.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, PandaMan said:

Lmao.  “David I answered that question about 2 seconds ago, I’ll have to wait for the injury report tomorrow.”  David Newton up to his old tricks 

Yeah, Newton is a douche. But don't take things out of context. Wilks added that he was kidding; he and Newton go way back. Wilks has a subtle sense of humor for sure. 

That was an honest-to-god human being, man-on-the-street vibes, giving that press conference, not a college coach preacher's son. And it felt good to watch it. He accepts that he's an example for the old cliché, that hard work and following your dream pays off.  I have a feeling that we won't see Chubba on the field much.