• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks Presser

SteveSmithTD89

Just now, poundaway said:

I did.  He wouldn't have done any better the first year with Allen, there is no way he was making it to year three after completely tanking year 1.  They sucked in all  phases of the game when they were 8-8 the year before.  Any excuses about lost talent would apply to Rhule as well who won 5 games year 1 and was competitive against good teams.

He passed on Lamar Jackson for Rosen.  He can bitch how they wouldn't trade up, but Jackson was still on the board when his turn came around. 

I said new coaches should be given a minimum of two - three years. He got 1. He was never given a fair shot. That cardinals team was absolute garbage. They got rid of a ton of their vet leadership. Wilks pushed for Allen. It’s part of the lawsuit. He was not given a say. I’m not even saying wilks is a good head coach. You just can’t evaluate him on that 1 year. Also allen flashed the end of his first year. Second year he took a giant leap. 3rd year is when he started shining.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Boy does that sound familiar.

This is what we were trying to get through to you about Rhule.

Interesting how standards change.

Most of my points on Rhule were about how the incessent bitching here didn't matter, Tepper chose to keep him. 

That dead horse was beat to atoms here.  Got old.

I didn't hate the guy, but many people sure did.  Post after post after post just hatin on the guy.  I get it.  Rhule sucked.  We all got it, for 5289304728937 posts.

Its OK FrankenChuck you can still keep your schtick, and bitch about how bad Rhule WAS and what a mess he left us.  There's going to be plenty of room for your incessant,  soul-crushing, black hole negativity.

You've chosen the right team to root/hate on.

52 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

That’s what I’m saying you can draft one and win, no one knows if he’ll be good or not I believe CJ or Bryce in the right situation can win. But I definitely agree we have to find our answer through the draft we need our new franchise qb in a bad way.

Okay sorry. Misunderstood you. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

8 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Most of my points on Rhule were about how the incessent bitching here didn't matter, Tepper chose to keep him. 

I didn't hate the guy, but many people sure did.  Post after post after post just hatin on the guy.  I get it.  Rhule sucked.  We all got it, for 5289304728937 posts.

Its OK FrankenChuck you can still keep your schtick, and bitch about how bad Rhule WAS and what a mess he left us.  There's going to be plenty of room for your incessant,  soul-crushing, black hole negativity.

This is just rabble we both know you were very heavily invested in Rhule and you've defended Tepper tooth and nail. That's your prerogative. But don't act like everyone else is absorbed by all this while you've just been a neutral and totally calm observer. I want the Panthers to get better. Wilks isn't the answer but he's better than Rhule. Hell Rivera was and is better than Rhule and he's a fool about to get himself fired in Washington. These are just the facts. But I look forward to a full reset with this staff. I'm willing to give Scott Fitterer a chance with more input but he should be on thin ice. Ultimately we all want the same thing but it's crystal clear we need experience on this staff and never again should we look to the college ranks. Hopefully we can finish the season with something positive to build on. I am not in the camp that thinks more losing and tanking is going to lead to great things. We need to bring back the culture Cam tried to instill even though he was regularly criticized and mocked for it. We need players angry about losing instead of accepting and making excuses for bad coaches like Rhule. We'll see how the future shakes out.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Still need a QB. 

Nah I'd much rather go with what that guy is saying. Continue to trot Darnold/Baker out there to hopefully win some meaningless games so we can resign one, if not both of them to contracts next year since they were able to "right the ship" for next season!!! Or we let them both walk draft another defensive player with our top 10 pick and move on to our 5th retread QB in as many years. Sounds like a sound strategy and I'm PUMPED for it!!!!

Woohoo Go PANTHERS!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, poundaway said:

For sure.  It's what happend in Arizona. Cards fan hate him cause he did stupid shlt but was certain he was right.  He  and the GM selected Josh Rosen with the 10 pick in the draft.  It was a disaster over there.  Total shlt show.

https://arizonacardinals.freeforums.net/thread/9312/rhule-fired-steve-wilks-panthers

Must be someone Carolina is eying at first pick overall..

Dude is straight out the worst coach I've ever seen in any sport.

The man who got us Kyler Murray. He was good for that at least.

I assume he'd fulfil the Rooney Rule requirement. There's no way he should get the job full time.

52 minutes ago, poundaway said:

holy fug talk about revisionist history 

Dude you were balls deep with rhule and baker

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

Whatever makes you feel better.  Wilks was considered a miserable failure in Arizona.  Rhule actually won more games  his first year than Wilks, included losing tight games to good teams.

You can carry water for the 3 -win Wilks all you want, but he was hated in Arizona, passed on Jackson, and every draft pick was gone in a couple years.

When asked if Wilks could turn the season around, Tepper laughed.

You are what your record says you are, SB winners exempted.

It's not about carrying water, it's about forming an opinion based on a body of work, while also taking context into account. That's what analysis is all about. You can have whatever opinion you like, but be accurate on your information; Wilks didn't pass on anyone. He had no power. If he had had power, the Cards would've moved up and taken Josh Allen. Keim wanted the other Josh, Wilks wanted Allen.

Also, if Tepper "laughed", it wasn't really about Wilks, it was about the current state of the team and someone asking a crazy question.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1