• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fowler just went IN on Tepper after that press conference yesterday

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Good for Fowler. The Charlotte sports media is usually a bunch of useless kiss asses. It was nice to see some actual tough questions asked yesterday and Tepper didn't like it one bit. He was a complete dick to Fowler and honestly made himself look like a jackass. I mean, telling a guy to read his own column in order to basically read your mind? Sick burn bro. 🤡

....tipper has shown himself to be a total dick...he doesn't get it. If he walked down thru the masses in tailgate land...they'd rape him...this guy is so wrapped in his money and ego he really doesn't care about the true culture of Panther football... we saw at a Panther press conference... he only cares about soccer and music...the sht he can make money on...

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

How is it weird? What he's said and what he's done have been two different things. He has talked about having smart people in the building to make the football decisions but he's obviously had a hand in every decision. This was his handpicked coach, GM, and staff, and he said he was even involved in the QB moves. An owner with literally zero actual football experience should not be making these decisions. 

He just needs to get out of the way. He did say he's going to consider consultants for the coaching search and that's the most encouraging thing I've ever heard him say, it'll just depend on who those consultants are. If it's Marty Hurney, I'm out. 

Yep. I have real life experience in this. This is really a common thing with successful people. Maybe they built and own every Holiday Inn instead of staying at one, it still does not make them an expert in a different field.
But they don’t see that. They think they are smarter than people doing something half their lives. I have seen this a few times in different projects I have been involved with. 
They buy, and start telling people what to do. Pretty much every one of the self made people do that until something humbles them. 
Many are never humbled. But you, as an employee (it is worse if you are a partner), you cannot tell them anything. They just won’t listen because they see ‘us’ as inferior, since we haven’t done what they have done. 
So you have to suffer through their growing pains with them.  And you already went through the learning your job growing pains once so… yeah it is no fun really. Usually. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I listened/watched the tepper media interview...

I completely understand Teppers frustration.  It's not towards Fowler.  Tepper is frustrated that building a winner is as easy as ANYONE thinks, including himself.  This is a frustration that anyone with a decent head on their shoulders can understand.  

I also understand Fowlers piece, and don't fault him at all.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PandaMan said:

Yeah, no doubt.  Him mentioning consultants was big for me.  He seemed irritable at his press conference; I think being humbled like this is gonna make bring him back to reality.  He was nationally embarrassed and isn’t used to that.  

He should be embarrassed! I've been embarrassed by the product he put on the field also. I've been embarrassed to call myself a fan of his dysfunctional team.  I'm embarrassed by the way he's handled the commitment he promised Rock Hill.  Yeah he should be embarrassed alright. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Pimpdaddy said:

....tipper has shown himself to be a total dick...he doesn't get it. If he walked down thru the masses in tailgate land...they'd rape him...this guy is so wrapped in his money and ego he really doesn't care about the true culture of Panther football... we saw at a Panther press conference... he only cares about soccer and music...the sht he can make money on...

Give over, we aren't the Raiders or Philly.

This is a Charmin soft fan base, he'd happily stroll through the tailgate and come out the other end unscathed.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He should be embarrassed! I've been embarrassed by the product he put on the field also. I've been embarrassed to call myself a fan of his dysfunctional team.  I'm embarrassed by the way he's handled the commitment he promised Rock Hill.  Yeah he should be embarrassed alright. 

Tuck Fepper 

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Give over, we aren't the Raiders or Philly.

This is a Charmin soft fan base, he'd happily stroll through the tailgate and come out the other end unscathed.

yea...ur prolly right...but I did once get shutdown and reprimanded for throwing a nerf football in the parking lot next to the stadium..

• Beer 1