• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hendon Hooker

Mayor Qumiby

49 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Hasn't he been in college for like a decade? Not saying he isn't a top prospect, but he will be something like a 26 year old rookie, if age matters at all. I remember that being one of the hits against Pickett last year.

He's getting up there, would be 25, he's a senior +1.  5 months younger than Darnold haha.

He still has to play UGA as well.  The UT offense is that fast pace spread offense that their coach used at UCF and I'm not sure how well it will translate.  Hooker has a decent arm and decent speed, but nothing elite that will give him an advantage at the next level.  He has his age working against him, but I do think he is a very smart QB which can take you pretty far.  I just don't see him as more than a great backup and possibly decent starter.  Nothing that should have him drafted in the top 10, which is where will be drafting.  In the 2nd or 3rd then maybe, but you would have a QB that is pretty similar to Corral.  A college offense with decent speed and arm strength that got banged up a little last year running against college defenses.  

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Holy poo he’ll be that old? No wonder he is playing so well he is a grown ass man beating up on teenagers 

And that's my biggest concern with him as a prospect. Dude is someone who should had been in the NFL at least 2 years ago that is playing against 19-20 year olds. If we're trading back, give me Grayson Mccall or Tanner McKee. 

1 hour ago, Mayor Qumiby said:

After his performance beating Alabama this week it'll be a name often brought up as our next QB.

I know , I know he's not from Alabama or Ohio, schools people want their qbs to come from( not too sure why, most have sucked in the NFL)..

But after Saturday yall will realize what us UT fans have known since last year, Hooker is the real deal.

I see a lot of people here gushing over Young and Stroud and they look good, not gonna lie but they are both playing behind the top 2 lines in college football. Hooker is leading the Vols behind the 32nd best O-line. So he's doing a lot more with alot less. 

Bring this dude home and let's go get him in 2023.

fuging college football fans are the worst.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, OriginalPD said:

No kidding. My kids all graduated from there, and they got to see some decent Hokie football at least. Now…ugh. 

What are your thoughts on the new coach

Tough outing for him so far. Their QB and generally the entire offense is embarrassing to the ACC.