• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetical QB add

CRA

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

CMC was healthy for the AZ game.  He wasn’t for the Lions game. 

and yeah, CMC did all the heavy lifting vs AZ.   He had a field day vs AZ.  And when he got to the endzone Cam got the glory.  Which is fine.   But reality is Cam wasn’t the dude who won the game.  CMC did. And AZ wasn’t stopping CMC from the 2 yard line either. 

CMC is healthy right now.   If McAdoo could actually call a good game we could be competitive.  Biggest issue right now is an OC that figure out to use the best weapon in the NFL IMO when healthy.  I mean it’s painful watching McAdoo misuse CMC.  Not the fact we have to play PJ one week.  

a healthy CMC, a good defense….and a decent OC should have us in games with meh teams.  PJ , Darnold or Baker.    If we aren’t competitive Sunday it’s because Rhule brought in joke McAdoo more than anything. 

Cool.  Anyway......back to PJ. 

If the only thing standing in the way of PJ throwing backbreaking goal-line interceptions is a healthy CMC, then that ain't exactly a glowing endorsement of the guy.

Running the ball is absolutely key this weekend more than any other to help PJ out and slow that rush along with tight ends learning how to catch 

helping Ickey out with chip blocking too 

in other words, McAdoo has to pretend to be a smart coordinator 

I just want a showing by a team that looks prepared 

the forecast % of a Rams win is 78.   

so many injuries on that rams oline, it is possible to win this game if defense and special teams continue to perform and if the offense is merely competent and not stupid 

it doesn’t hurt to hope that PJ does ok 

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be shocked if that turns out to be the case after how bad he looked in preseason combined with his durability concerns rearing their head.

I mean, I'd welcome it I just think it's a very long shot.

Cam looked like dog shiite in the preseason his rookie year, playing with the starters. Then went on to break rookie passing records his first 2 games. 

There's still hope for Corral - if he can stay healthy. 

14 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Cam looked like dog shiite in the preseason his rookie year, playing with the starters. Then went on to break rookie passing records his first 2 games. 

Cam also had elite physical tools. Other than a quick release, Corral is average at best.

19 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Cool.  Anyway......back to PJ. 

If the only thing standing in the way of PJ throwing backbreaking goal-line interceptions is a healthy CMC, then that ain't exactly a glowing endorsement of the guy.

I mean, he is a 3rd string/break the glass type QB.   

Go back and watch that Lions game.   Asking PJ to run some of the redzone plays is simply dumb.  Especially one of the INTs.   A playcaller asking a backup QB to do that?  It was a trash call for a bad QB. That’s on the OC.  Redzone is tough for all QBs.  

If you put weak QBs in bad spots? dumb predictably happens

We have a good defense and a healthy CMC.  If you can’t compete against meh teams with that combo? Your play caller is simply trash.  Which McAdoo is.   Which is now the biggest issue overall right now.  We got an OC that can’t even figure out how to use CMC.  So until can figure out the simplest of simple.  He ain’t making anyone else look good either.

4 hours ago, Navy_football said:

I'm not sure that Cam looked as bad as Corral.  Cam was the Heisman trophy winner and took Auburn to the national championship on his back.    There's no comparing the two.

Corral is probably better than he looked in preseason.  He just has a long long way to go.