• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Irony of Rhule

Icdeadpeople

2 hours ago, CRA said:

The league is full of QBs that aren’t starting caliber.   

Exactly! Guys like Blaine Gabbert, Chase Daniels, Blake Bortles, and now Drew Lock come to mind as guys that get paid or got paid year after year with no chance to come in and consistently win games. 

You guys are watching the same PJ Walker that I'm watching right?

The same not remotely a starting quality qb, barely an acceptable backup who makes horrible throwing decisions numerous times a game yet has managed to eke out a winning record as a starter?

This winning record as a starter thing, that's your best argument?

I can beat it with a single phrase. Say it with me.

Small sample size.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

You guys are watching the same PJ Walker that I'm watching right?

The same not remotely a starting quality qb, barely an acceptable backup who makes horrible throwing decisions numerous times a game yet has managed to eke out a winning record as a starter?

This winning record as a starter thing, that's your best argument?

I can beat it with a single phrase. Say it with me.

Small sample size.

PJ has the physical tools. He just seems to want to force throws into double and triple coverage multiple times a game. He'll be having a great game, then BAM! His inner Jake Delhomme takes the light. Unfortunately he doesn't have a young Smitty or MM to bail him out.

9 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

PJ has the physical tools. He just seems to want to force throws into double and triple coverage multiple times a game. He'll be having a great game, then BAM! His inner Jake Delhomme takes the light. Unfortunately he doesn't have a young Smitty or MM to bail him out.

Yes, you are right. Decision making is a huge component of being an effective NFL qb. PJ's decision making does not seem remotely up to the standard. History shows that's unlikely to change. Quarterbacks who consistently make bad decisions with the football don't tend to change and suddenly become Pro Bowlers.