• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 QB watch list Herdon Hooker

DaveThePanther2008

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Hooker just improved his stock leaps and bounds.  His pocket presents is amazing.  I was impressed with Young too but if things go sideways and we don't get the top pick Hooker might be an option.

That was an amazing game.  Defense was pretty much non existent but what a game. 

Only problem is he's basically the same age as Darnold.  If you hit with him, you're getting a solid 9-10 years, not some longer 15ish year career.  But the upside is surely enticing. 

Young's feel for the game is unreal though.

Now it's time to see Levis against a proper defense  

• Pie 1

•  

I only got to see the last drive of the game. Hooker seemed quite poised and had nice touch on his throws. He reminded me of Doug Williams when he was standing in the pocket. He even had the cream sickle orange color that Doug used to wear with Tampa Bay’s original uniforms 😆

I’ll definitely be paying lower attention to this young man as the college season progresses.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Yes but Mahomes is a generational talent who ended up on a team with coaches that knew how to use him and players that would work with that system. Put the qb with the wrong system and team they might not be as good.

And a coaching staff that basically gave Mahomes a full year to get acclimated. He didn't start until Week 17.

5 hours ago, saX man said:

Only problem is he's basically the same age as Darnold.  If you hit with him, you're getting a solid 9-10 years, not some longer 15ish year career.  But the upside is surely enticing. 

I'll take nine to ten years of good QB play and worry about trying to find the next one once he says he's thinking of hanging it up. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1