• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks ain't it

top dawg

12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Are you serious? With Ben McAdoo and PJ Walker? If you went into this game with expectations of any kind that's on you.  This is a no win situation for any head coach.  Bill Belicheat couldn't fix this sh*t mid-season. 

Come on, dude. Like I said, I expected us to lose; what I didn't expect was for us to have three timeouts left, and just to mail it in for the half.  Wilks is not some newb to the NFL. That course of action was unacceptable. You might lose, but you play to win. Trying to back your way into a win by putting the brakes on prematurely is not what credible coaches do, especially ones with their job on the line.

You guys are trying to make my post ostensibly about winning. Look again. It's about the chicken-sh¡t coaching. 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Come on, dude. Like I said, I expected us to lose; what I didn't expect was for us to have three timeouts left, and just to mail it in for the half.  Wilks is not some newb to the NFL. That course of action was unacceptable. You might lose, but you play to win. Trying to back your way into a win by putting the brakes on prematurely is not what credible coaches do, especially ones with their job on the line.

You guys are trying to make my post ostensibly about winning. Look again. It's about the chicken-sh¡t coaching. 

I think you were looking for a reason to pick apart Wilks first game as our head coach.  I don't care if he had all 6 at the end if the game. Everyone wanted this game over including the Rams.  If not going all out at the end of the half is your thing then yes he blew it for you. Me? There's nothing he can do about this crap and there no use in pretending he can.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, firstdayfan said:

My biggest problem with him yesterday was that he talked in the press conference about being aggressive and that was the most play not to lose game plan I've ever seen. 

You ain't lying. But we have to face the truth big picture and that's the fact that other decision makers have left us with once again the worst QB room in the entire NFL. That aspect isn't on the interim head coach. We look like we're in need of a full house cleaning.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think you were looking for a reason to pick apart Wilks first game as our head coach.  I don't care if he had all 6 at the end if the game. Everyone wanted this game over including the Rams.  If not going all out at the end of the half is your thing then yes he blew it for you. Me? There's nothing he can do about this crap and there no use in pretending he can.

I am the person that generally likes to give a person time. Long time Huddlers know that. I was arguing for Wilks just a few days ago. I wasn't looking for anything but NFL-level coaching. I didn't see it.

One game is not enough of a sample size here.  It wasn't good, but then again, Wilks was thrown into the fire.

I'm more willing to give him more games before I'm ready to cut bait.  He's got a lot of work to do on the culture of the team.  And honestly, no one could win with PJ playing that way in this offense.  These are not his decisions, but rather what he was stuck with.

• Pie 1

Wilks job is to get the 3 year Rhule stink off this team.  That isn't going to happen after 2 practices and a flight to LA. 

Kicking Robbie out of the game is step in the right direction. 

He is working with a 4th string QB and almost the entire back 7 hurt. We were never going to beat the defending SB champs, but if gets rid of Robbie, I consider that a win. 

Could they have been more aggressive on offense? Sure. Does ANYONE think it would have changed the game? We have the worst offense in football with our starter. When forced to throw downfield, PJ is an interception machine. They were playing to limit backbreaking mistakes.  Lets see how they call a game with Baker or Sam before we say he isn't playing to win. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, gofightwin said:

Wilks job is to get the 3 year Rhule stink off this team.  That isn't going to happen after 2 practices and a flight to LA. 

Kicking Robbie out of the game is step in the right direction. 

He is working with a 4th string QB and almost the entire back 7 hurt. We were never going to beat the defending SB champs, but if gets rid of Robbie, I consider that a win. 

Could they have been more aggressive on offense? Sure. Does ANYONE think it would have changed the game? We have the worst offense in football with our starter. When forced to throw downfield, PJ is an interception machine. They were playing to limit backbreaking mistakes.  Lets see how they call a game with Baker or Sam before we say he isn't playing to win. 

That's the thing, going into the game I would have agreed that we were never going to beat the defending SB Champions.

Then the actual game happened and the Rams looked like ass for 30 mins. How did Wilks react? By shutting it down and kneeling to get to half time.

Awful coaching. Play to win or gtfo.

• Pie 2