• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones: Tepper now looking for "a young offensive mind"

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, d-dave said:

I'm not familiar enough with the names, but here's a couple of qualities I think we need to look at in the next coach:

1. QB development - I want a coach who has experience molding young QBs in to + starters.

2. Offensive Acumen - That goes without saying, we need a coach who brings an Xs and Os advantage to our team.

3. Adaptability - I'd love to find a coach who is much more open to being offensively flexible with their system and who is able to make adjustments at half time.  That seems to be a really big ask.

There's still a lot of season to go, so we'll see what happens the rest of the way to a lot of these current names.

Steichen fits all 3.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jones reports here that Tepper has "looked at the landscape of the league" in considering what to do going forward.

I'd call that good news.

I'm not comfortable with Tepper involved with anything.  The next thing I want to hear is that Tepper is seeking out advice from Kevin Colbert to evaluate his team. Then we can discuss which direction this team needs to go.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen doctors who couldn't balance checkbooks, teachers who can't figure out their voicemail and engineers who are baffled by simple cooking recipes.

Being really good at one particular thing (like making money) doesn't guarantee you're good at everything.

And a quick look at the NFL, including the Panthers, would tell you pretty clearly it sure as hell doesn't guarantee you know anything about football.

It also doesn't mean an offensive guru will be a great head coach.