• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Article

Jay Roosevelt

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

They had higher completion percentages, less ints, higher ratings, and more yards per attempt

Bruh. They all threw less than 8 picks. All in at least the high 60’s completion percentage. And Young has the most yards and TDs, aka the stats that actually matter. 
There is no way you can say Tua and Mac had way better stats than Young when he had more yards and more TDs with comparable everything else. If anything it’s a wash between the 3.

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

And yet cam newton is out of the league, didn’t even make it but about 10 years, meanwhile Tom Brady is still in the league at age 45 and look how out of shape he looked and he lasted a decade more than cam. Look at Dree Bree’s, small as poo and played 20 years.  Size and muscles don’t always equal longevity.

Brees and Brady weren’t Saban/Bama QBs.  Which is what I was talking about.   Bama/Saban QBs and how they all flop. 

The 2 best rosters generally in college football IMO are Bama and Ohio St.  I don’t think it is a coincidence those QBs aren’t translating well to the NFL and it has become painfully consistent. 

I referenced Hurts build because isn’t a traditional QB.   And is more football player.  Like Cam was.   And I think it is a bit of a cheat to use Hurts as Bama exception of one working anyway 

6 hours ago, joemac said:

So Tuas best year at Alabama was his Sophomore year.  He had:

69% - 3966 yards - 43 TDs - 6 INTS

Mac Jones best year was his Junior year

77.4% - 4500 yards - 41 TDs - 4 INTs

Bryce's only full year starting was last year and he went for :

66.9% - 4872 yards - 47 TDs - 7 INTs - and this year is looking to be in line with his stats from last year, he has almost the exact same rating now as he did all last year.

So how do you get that Tua and Jones had way better stats?  Young has the most yards and most TDs in a season.  INT numbers are comparable.  Only thing Mac does better is completion percentage, and Tua and Bryce are pretty much the same.  Overall it appears that Young has the better stats.

Just off the top of my head Tua and Mac had better WR cores aswell

A lot can change between now and then, but if we have #1 and teams are being pansies about drafting Young top 5, I would absolutely trade back. 

Someone will trade 3 first round picks minimum to move up for Stroud, Levis, or Anderson, and you can still get the best QB in the draft, imo. 49ers traded 3 firsts and a third for Lance. I would take that all day and draft a QB (hopefully Young) with the swapped 1st rd pick. 

I can think of no better scenario for a team in our position of rebuilding. 

Edited by ECHornet

Bryce had 5-7 moments in the TEN game that were just pure QB awesomeness.

So many of these college QBs are running with spread or heavily tailored offenses that easily open things up for receivers.  Easy curls, screens, quick throws to guys in the flat.  Bryce has his fair share...but soooo many college guys aren't used to hitting good throws in tight windows that lead receivers.  You just rarely see it anymore out of these kids.  The talent of creating open balls through anticipation and timing is a lost art due to these new offenses.  Scheming has handicapped QBs to the point where they view the tough throws as things to avoid. Bama doesn't need to do this with Young, he doesn't have the college system handicapping as heavy as guys like Fields, Mac, etc. had that honestly clouded their strengths and weaknesses.  They really let Young go out there and be himself which is cool.  

He's also a righty that rolls left and can throw it similar in that fashion to Rodgers' go-to move (Cousins does this well too, Zach Wilson can do it in his shorts at a pro day).  He maintains balance and his power isn't compromised which is pretty dope.  There's just so much to like him if you're looking at the play itself.  

For me, he passes the "can't quite place it but he has it" type test.

48 minutes ago, davos said:

Bryce had 5-7 moments in the TEN game that were just pure QB awesomeness.

So many of these college QBs are running with spread or heavily tailored offenses that easily open things up for receivers.  Easy curls, screens, quick throws to guys in the flat.  Bryce has his fair share...but soooo many college guys aren't used to hitting good throws in tight windows that lead receivers.  You just rarely see it anymore out of these kids.  The talent of creating open balls through anticipation and timing is a lost art due to these new offenses.  Scheming has handicapped QBs to the point where they view the tough throws as things to avoid. Bama doesn't need to do this with Young, he doesn't have the college system handicapping as heavy as guys like Fields, Mac, etc. had that honestly clouded their strengths and weaknesses.  They really let Young go out there and be himself which is cool.  

He's also a righty that rolls left and can throw it similar in that fashion to Rodgers' go-to move (Cousins does this well too, Zach Wilson can do it in his shorts at a pro day).  He maintains balance and his power isn't compromised which is pretty dope.  There's just so much to like him if you're looking at the play itself.  

For me, he passes the "can't quite place it but he has it" type test.

Great assessment, the more I watch the more I worry less about his size and am excited by the other skills he brings to the table.