• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

5 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

they are 3-3 right now with losses to a shitty bears team and a shitty falcons team. they play the chefs next, so they will be 3-4 after this weekend. i expect they are a .500 team, and these will be mid round picks. 

So at mid round, we will have paid more in draft capital for Sam then we'll get for CMC.

3 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Yay! We got one of each:

YGM/TMJ

Tremble/BC/Tremble/Corral

Chuba/Troy Pride/Brandon Smith 

Roy/Kenny Robinson/Keith Taylor. 

I wouldn't trade CMC for every single one of those players and you're lying if you say you would.

That entire "haul" is worth about 100 points less than the value of pick 31 using draft charts. fuging garbage. Absolute garbage. 

Gonna be honest, this may be the end of my "fandom" with the team and the NFL as a whole. I've sat through a lot over the last 18 years but I'm not giving any more of my time or money to this worthless franchise that continues to squander Hall of Fame talent. 

Who'd have thought the god damn Super Bowl loss 7 years ago was just the tip of the iceberg in how absolutely bad things would get. 

fug you Tepper. fug you Rhule. fug you Fitterer. 

You love him as a player. I do too. However, why would we continue to waste his prime when we were not going to be good for at least 2 years? A QB at one was not going to bring back the old McCaffery, and make the offense top 5-10. The best thing you can do sometimes to something you respect is to let them go. (I honestly think that's why it was SF.) We may never see a Christian McCaffery here again. In todays game however, we don't need to invest that type of money in the RB position ever again. The history of this franchise is rife with bandaid fixes, trying to milk the talent of one player to the detriment of the team long-term (Cam Newton and never getting an O-Line and WR's), long-term thinking that we're one player away (2003-2009), one coach away (Firing Rivera for Rhule). We got two SB trips out of these practices, but its also why we never had consecutive winning seasons because we always seem to be overpaying at the wrong positions. This team needed to be torn down and rebuilt for long term purposes. It sucks to lose him, but I'm actually glad that we got more draft capital than I was expecting to get and he gets to go play somewhere where he wants to be. 

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

How you know the Panthers did well, when ex nfl players and reports are going Holy poo, the Panthers got that for McCaffrey.  

I would've preferred a 1st but the reality is that he's a RB coming off of two injury plagues seasons. It's a testament to his sheer talent that we still got what we did. Most RBs would be practically worthless after two IR seasons.

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Please don't shoot the messenger (me)

Fitterer gathering draft picks for the next head coach since we only had a 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th. This will now give them a 1st (likely #1 overall), 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, and 5th.

So instead of walking into a team with nothing, that head coach is going to have a defense that includes Brown, Burns (hopefully), Chinn, Horn, Luvu, Woods, and Jackson as well as a decent special teams unit. They're going to have an OL that they can build behind, a 3rd round pick in Corral who some had 1st round grades on. They've got DJ Moore on a fair contract for the team and the player. Instead of getting the usual 1st - 7th round selections, they lose a 6th + 7th but gain a 2nd + 4th while also having the #1 overall pick to do what they want with (whether it be QB, DE, or trade down)?

Tepper's shown to be patient. Get the right people in the room to make the decision, and the Carolina HC position could become a little more attractive 😮

This poo still is fuging gutting tho T_T

• Pie 3