• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm finally excited - a chance to rebuild the right way

NAS

#1 priority for me is select the right HC… someone who can put a rookie QB in positions to succeed - without stunting them to the point they are reliant on scheme to perform.

We have an OLine - we just need to be looking ahead and have replacements ready. However we don’t have skill players, aside from Moore, who can help a QB. So the offensive scheme and play calling trumps all IMO

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, NAS said:

We actually have a legitimate chance to rebuild starting with getting the #1 pick and getting a legitimate NFL head coach who can take us to the promised land.  We wasted 3 years with the fake rebuild and fake coach.

Number one priority now is making sure we get the right QB.  Hopefully Fitterer and the scouting staff are up to the task.  

Tepper - you have one job and don't screw it up this time.  Hire the right head coach and just get out of the way and enjoy spending time with your wife. 

Now if we could only simulate the next 11 weeks and be done with this season so I don't have to watch.

I'd say the biggest priority is finding the right head coach right ahead of QB.  100% agree with the point though and thats the feeling I got listening to Teppers press conference as well, he clearly has realized us trading picks and trying to jump the process didnt work.

I get why everyone is so pessimistic about it but if you have a bad team this is exactly where you want to end up.  First Pick, give the new coach whatever QB he wants, and start building from here.

2 hours ago, ClawOn said:

Totally agree @NAS.  Lot of whining around here and I get it, a lost season sucks.

A tear down and QB at 1 has a chance of working. What we have been doing for years and years had no chance. I'll take the hope. 

You're right, but it's impossible not to be scarred by how effed the last few years have been.  It's hard not to almost fall into mediocrity/ being borderline good in the parity-driven NFL at some point.  Atlanta is 3-3 with a roster that on paper (well at least before the CMC trade) was significantly worse.

5 consecutive seasons of not being in the mix come Thanksgiving has taken its toll on the general fanbase.  5 years of not even competing for the playoffs is almost unspeakably bad.  The amount of bad coaching and bad execution required to go 1-27 in one-possession games is astounding.

The man who rose to the top of the hedge fund world has plunged us into the NFL doldrums... 

I honestly have tickets to Sundays game and am thinking of just staying home and eating the tickets.  I can't bear the thought of selling my tickets to some fantasy-football goobers wearing freshly-brought TB12 jerseys, but for the first time in 16+ years, I just don't know if I have it in me to sit in BOA and endure it.

If there is anyone here who wants pretty damn good upper-level seats (540 Row 19), I'm willing to sell real cheap to a Panthers fan.

I know people on this board complain about the fans at BOA, but it's unfair at this point.  Fans will show up if the team warrants it (look at Cam's return last year).  It is borderline emotional and mental abuse to have to endure this level of offensive ineptitude while being laughed at in your home stadium.  It's embarrassing to me to have my boys have to endure this year in and year out.

There's nothing else to do but wait and hope this plan works.  It is a much better plan than what we've done the past 3 years, but it can't wash off the awful, awful stain of these past 4 years.  Only winning will do that.

Panthers Nation deserves better...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

You're right, but it's impossible not to be scarred by how effed the last few years have been.  It's hard not to almost fall into mediocrity/ being borderline good in the parity-driven NFL at some point.  Atlanta is 3-3 with a roster that on paper (well at least before the CMC trade) was significantly worse.

5 consecutive seasons of not being in the mix come Thanksgiving has taken its toll on the general fanbase.  5 years of not even competing for the playoffs is almost unspeakably bad.  The amount of bad coaching and bad execution required to go 1-27 in one-possession games is astounding.

The man who rose to the top of the hedge fund world has plunged us into the NFL doldrums... 

I honestly have tickets to Sundays game and am thinking of just staying home and eating the tickets.  I can't bear the thought of selling my tickets to some fantasy-football goobers wearing freshly-brought TB12 jerseys, but for the first time in 16+ years, I just don't know if I have it in me to sit in BOA and endure it.

If there is anyone here who wants pretty damn good upper-level seats (540 Row 19), I'm willing to sell real cheap to a Panthers fan.

I know people on this board complain about the fans at BOA, but it's unfair at this point.  Fans will show up if the team warrants it (look at Cam's return last year).  It is borderline emotional and mental abuse to have to endure this level of offensive ineptitude while being laughed at in your home stadium.  It's embarrassing to me to have my boys have to endure this year in and year out.

There's nothing else to do but wait and hope this plan works.  It is a much better plan than what we've done the past 3 years, but it can't wash off the awful, awful stain of these past 4 years.  Only winning will do that.

Panthers Nation deserves better...

I think this sums up everything for me, i'm on the optimistic side of things because the runway is clear and the plan is correct, but Tepper fumbling the bag will always be stuck in the back of my mind.  He'll have to prove he's competent before anyone can fell any confidence level.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

Been through:  Capers, Siefert, Fox, Rivera and Rhule 

ive seen a lot of stupid poo 

I’ll tell you this, the people who pay money for this joke of a franchise aren’t going to cotton to another abject failure 

Maybe I was too young and naive in 2001 to realize how bad we were, and maybe I've just suppressed the bad Clausen memories of 2010 (or revised them in hindsight considering we got Cam), but this feels like rock bottom as a fan.

Most fairweather fans have simply disengaged, and even the most loyal fans are wavering.  There's no goodwill left for another 3 years of crap

It's hard to overstate how important it is to get this next draft and QB hire right.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, NAS said:

We actually have a legitimate chance to rebuild starting with getting the #1 pick and getting a legitimate NFL head coach who can take us to the promised land.  We wasted 3 years with the fake rebuild and fake coach.

Number one priority now is making sure we get the right QB.  Hopefully Fitterer and the scouting staff are up to the task.  

Tepper - you have one job and don't screw it up this time.  Hire the right head coach and just get out of the way and enjoy spending time with your wife. 

Now if we could only simulate the next 11 weeks and be done with this season so I don't have to watch.

Guarenteed bust if they get #1

5009191.jpg

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, NAS said:

You don’t have to watch, no one is pointing a gun at your head. I have an infant, this is a great year for the Panthers to continue their downward spiral into hell

One big problem with the Panthers is the culture. Look at the Browns. They're usually always bad. But that city and their rabid fans ARE the Browns. Green Bay IS the team. New Orleans IS the team. The Raiders fans are their own unique culture no matter where the team even is. Seahawks have the 12th man. Pats are New England. Buffalo supports the Bills no matter what. Dallas and Steelers have fans no matter where you go, but Pittsburgh IS that team. I could go on and on.

But the Panthers? Uh ... we're "the Carolinas" herp derp. Really though? People in SC near GA barely even know the team. Up in the Triangle it's more about Duke/UNC or the Hurricanes. I still don't see Tepper moving this team, but the Panthers really need to build SOME sort of a connection to both states or to Charlotte. That HAS to be one key to a rebuild. We have no history, we have no culture; we, like Charlotte, are just a team (city) in the middle of nowhere trying to be like someone else (Atlanta).

The Panthers are as the kids say ... mid.

• Pie 1

I just have a feeling sitting in my gut like a brick that we're going to fug this up.  How many years did the Bills sit in the wilderness with poo QBs like Kelly Holcomb, JP Losman, EJ Manuel, etc before they finally got their house in order with a brick shithouse of a coaching staff, GM, and franchise quarterback combo.  It's the same story with a ton of other teams.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield