• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC isn’t just a running back

Wundrbread33

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

We might drop from being the worst team in the nfl down to...

That’s complicated though. We are the worst team, but I don’t think we are the least talented team. No quarterback, and an offensive coordinator who would ruin a middle school football team have really fuged the offense. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

none of that matters. he's gone. he was an oft injured overpaid player. yeah, probably HoF bound, but he wasn't winning us games. hopefully the picks we get thanks to the trade will play more than he did.

Sure. The trade is done. Can’t have discussion though?

Chinn doesn’t appear as valuable 30 yards away from the ball, but his value is obvious when used correctly.

Thats all I’m saying. CMC was used wrong. Which impacts/limits his ability to help win games.

But sure. He’s gone. Doesn’t matter. You are right about that. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

That’s complicated though. We are the worst team, but I don’t think we are the least talented team. No quarterback, and an offensive coordinator who would ruin a middle school football team have really fuged the offense. 

I think we were a bottom 5 roster with CMC. Without him? getting pretty close to the worst. Hopefully we crush the next few drafts and change that.  

5 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

The trade is what it is, and the value we got in return is great for a running back (and a player with injury history).

However, he isn’t simply a replaceable running back. 

He was grotesquely misused by our franchise, and I think that will be made clear in SF. 

He should have been used at least 50/50 receiving and running, and occasionally up the middle on those runs. Not hammered up the gut every possession. What a waste. 

His skill level is off the charts, and if used correctly (in space…fuging DUH) he is a difference maker and uncoverable. 

If he had proper coaching, his value would have been elite receiver value, not “never draft a runningback high” value. Because that’s not what the dude is. He can do it…but being able to do something doesn’t mean that’s what you should be doing. 

I look forward to him flourishing in a similar Deebo role, and being allowed to run outside on stretch zone plays. 

I know this is obvious to some, but the “running backs are a dime a dozen” crowd isn’t being fair to what CMC is. 

fug Rhule. fug Tepper. fug McAdoo. Here’s to the 2023 NFL draft. Hope the Hornets can hold me over. 

CMC is a Marshall Faulk type RB and they never used him that way. Just like the Colts before they shipped him to the Rams and he created the Greatest Show on Turf with an undrafted QB, a rookie WR, a bust starter at WR who turned out to be a good #4 route running receiver, a talented #2 WR who was forced into the #1 WR role in previous seasons, and a fumble prone speedster WR who was used as a deep threat to stretch defenses.

At least the Colts sent him from the AFC to the NFC. The Panthers just made sure they won't be able to beat the 49ers for the foreseeable future of CMCs career. Dumb GM move to send CMC to a team in the conference.

This team is NO LONGER attractive to any possible championship head coach. CMC was the piece to build the offense around. Not worth the draft capital the Panthers received when you see the LACK OF TALENT and IMPACT they have drafted over Fitterer's time here.

This is a bad move by a GM. Especially, when there is NO immediate impact player or top pedigree QB like Peyton Manning to be had in the draft.

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Sure. The trade is done. Can’t have discussion though?

It's about as useful as discussing the Robbie Anderson trade. Passions are high there is nowhere for these convos to go but down. We can't change the past have to accept and prepare for a new crop of talent in next years draft.

• Beer 1