• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud vs Iowa QB School

JawnyBlaze

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Richardson really does scream bust.

I see shades off Allen. Better runner weaker arm. Physical talent is NFL level and I’ll always bet on superior athletes. But yeah I agree, boom or bust. 

Edited by RJK

1 minute ago, RJK said:

I see shades off Allen. Better runner weaker arm. Physical talent is NFL level and I’ll always bet on superior athletes. But yeah I agree, boom or bust. 

The 57% career completion percentage and 1:1 TD/INT ratio really do indicate that he will not be successful at the next level. 

He's definitely a guy that needs to stay in school. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot poll in the first three rounds in the 2023 draft.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

The 57% career completion percentage and 1:1 TD/INT ratio really do indicate that he will not be successful at the next level. 

He's definitely a guy that needs to stay in school. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot poll in the first three rounds in the 2023 draft.

Oh I agree. Like I said he’s a dark horse if they can’t get stroud. I could see a 2nd at the highest 

2 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

It’s absolutely lazy. There’s not much similar between Fields and Stroud other than where they attend/ed the same college. Comparing them is lazy. Just looking at numbers is lazy. If you watch them play it’s pretty readily apparent their games aren’t similar at all.

Fields was a strong arm, one read, athletic QB. He could still be good in the NFL, but he has a lot more to learn than Stroud will. Stroud had a strong enough arm, probably less strong than Fields, but great accuracy and touch and he throws well on the run to either direction too. Stroud makes full field reads, goes through all his progressions when needed. He also processes quicker (I won’t call him elite at processing speed, but very good and better than most QBs I’ve seen come out the past few years). He’s shifty in the pocket but not a runner like Fields. They’re totally different QBs. 

Besides, the talent around his this year doesn’t seem leaps and bounds above the other teams like last year and past years. Harrison Jr and Smith-something are solid but don’t scream high picks to me like Olave and Wilson, their RB seems ok and their OL seems below average. They were ***** up all over the place vs Iowa.  When I watched Fields videos a couple years ago I kept coming away from videos saying “man, that Olave kid looks really good”, not “Fields looks really good.”  And I don’t follow college football beyond scouting potential Panthers, so I didn’t know anything about Olave at all before watching Fields videos. I watch Stroud videos and over and over it’s “man he put that right on the money for his WR to make a play”. 

I am an Ohio state fan. I agree that Stroud is a much better Quarterback with better touch.  Fields is a much better athlete. 
The thing that scares me about Stroud is when he gets hit or things aren’t going well, he gets a deer in headlights look.

Completely disagree about the receivers.  Harrison jr will be special. Smith-Njigba hasn’t really played this year but both Olave and Wilson bragged about how great he is.  Egbuka is awesome as well and we are actually throwing to the tight end this year. Smith-njigba may have had the chance to be the first receiver selected but the injury and lack of film this year may hurt him.   The o-line is nowhere near below average.  They did struggle a bit with Iowa, but their online is solid.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, steveasmith said:

I am an Ohio state fan. I agree that Stroud is a much better Quarterback with better touch.  Fields is a much better athlete. 
The thing that scares me about Stroud is when he gets hit or things aren’t going well, he gets a deer in headlights look.

Completely disagree about the receivers.  Harrison jr will be special. Smith-Njigba hasn’t really played this year but both Olave and Wilson bragged about how great he is.  Egbuka is awesome as well and we are actually throwing to the tight end this year. Smith-njigba may have had the chance to be the first receiver selected but the injury and lack of film this year may hurt him.   The o-line is nowhere near below average.  They did struggle a bit with Iowa, but their online is solid.  

Thanks for your perspective, good to hear from someone who presumably watches all the games. I think Harrison looks good, but not like what I saw from Olave when I was researching Fields. The Iowa game was the first time the OL stuck out to me one way or the other, so I defer to your observations. But in that Iowa game they were atrocious, undisciplined, blowing assignments, just sloppy and all over the place. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze

16 hours ago, RJK said:

Dark horse for me is Anthony Richardson. Big time athlete, might be there if the panthers win a few more games. He’s raw but worth the risk if they miss out on stroud. 

I love Richardson like I loved Trask - in college. Richardson has all the intangibles. Now he needs to the stats. However, he just signed a deal with Gatorade which all but seals the deal he returns to school next year. McShay believes if he waits one year and produces even mediocre stats next year he might be the top pick, not just a top pick. 

• Beer 1