• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Win or Tank?

Zod

Wilks is allowing the correct decisions to be made. Players who actually give the Panthers the best chance to win are being played now. There seems to be an NFL level game plan in place. The coaching understands how to play the chess match with play calling now.

Wish CMC was behind the Bozeman led OL and allowed to play with patience behind the LoS.

I think Wilks is capable of leading a playoff team and should be given the chance to prove if he can build a championship team. If he can lead this team to the playoffs after all the mess he has been handed, he deserves a few seasons as HC. Or... DC if he can lure Byron Leftwich to be the HC and he mentors Leftwich.

The defense is playing more like an NFL defense and Wilks is game planning to cover the weaknesses players like Burns and Brown have had against the run by covering them up with a run defender. Rhule and Snow just let teams keep picking at those run defense weaknesses from Brown and Burns.

It's worth seeing how far Wilks can push this team and its foundation.

Panthers still need a better front office and scouting department. This Browns, Jets, and Lions level scouting isn't going to cut it.

My no 1 biggest nightmare.. We win 8 or 9 games this year, make the playoffs, we are all so happy and optimistic and we keep Wilks as our HC and Walker as our QB next year.

Meanwhile the Lions and Texans hire Steichen as their HC and draft one of the top QBs and go 12-5 next year while Stroud or Young have record breaking rookie seasons.  Meanwhile at the same time we go 5-12 or 4-13. 

• Pie 6

3 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Wilks is allowing the correct decisions to be made. Players who actually give the Panthers the best chance to win are being played now. There seems to be an NFL level game plan in place. The coaching understands how to play the chess match with play calling now.

I suspect PJ is respected in the locker room as well, more than Baker and Darnold. He's a quiet guy, works hard, doesn't have a huge contract, they all know him, and he just wins games. 

That's the kind of thing Wilks would pick up on more than Rhule. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 3

Playoff run and Wilkes gets the full-time gig. That's my first choice. I just want to win. I want this team to shock the world.

I don't see that happening, but I'd like this team to have a good bit of fight in it to look good for a perspective coach. (No playoff run and we're looking for a new coach). I think we can still find our franchise QB and him not be a top 5 pick. 

I'm just tired of losing. I mean that's still what I expect, but I'm tired of it. Last Sunday reminded me of what that felt like. I hadn't felt it in a while and I want more.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Playoff run and Wilkes gets the full-time gig. That's my first choice. I just want to win. I want this team to shock the world.

I don't see that happening, but I'd like this team to have a good bit of fight in it to look good for a perspective coach. (No playoff run and we're looking for a new coach). I think we can still find our franchise QB and him not be a top 5 pick. 

I'm just tired of losing. I mean that's still what I expect, but I'm tired of it. Last Sunday reminded me of what that felt like. I hadn't felt it in a while and I want more.

I'm so happy PJ made you feel again