• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drake Maye

Jmac

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

So we should tank again next season? 

Just for fun - we could have tanked the last three years (or just in 2019) in a row and be headed to the playoffs this year with home field advantage and a franchise qb.

Of course we would just have to give up about six or so moral victories.

Six spread out over three years that is.

I guess imagining us in the playoff scenario with a franchise qb is a losers mentality though.

Good thing we can add another couple moral victories this year, be in position to do the same next year, and call ourselves winners.

20 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

So the huddle is willing to bypass drafting a QB in this upcoming draft that has been hyped up here for the past 2 years so that we can have another bad year next season in order to draft this new QB  that the huddle is hyping up in 2024? 

If it could be assured, yes. More than willing. 

With no way of knowing, you draft the best QB you can this year. If Maye is there next year and you’re not positive about the rookie, take him and let them battle. 

11 hours ago, Varking said:

Second straight UNC freshman stud. 

Yeah and the last one didn't exactly end up as "trade away an entire draft" material.

The college football fans are so bad when it comes to this stuff. 

Absolutely incapable of not having Homer takes. No doubt for the college level Maye is having a fantastic season(maybe Heisman caliber?) but it's part of the way through one season against the who's who of mediocre to bad teams in an offense designed to put up huge numbers.  

Let's get a couple of years of tape on the guy at least.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and the last one didn't exactly end up as "trade away an entire draft" material.

The college football fans are so bad when it comes to this stuff. 

Absolutely incapable of not having Homer takes. No doubt for the college level Maye is having a fantastic season(maybe Heisman caliber?) but it's part of the way through one season against the who's who of mediocre to bad teams in an offense designed to put up huge numbers.  

Let's get a couple of years of tape on the guy at least.

Truly a lot can change between now and then. There have been plenty of annointed ones in college football only to tumble the year they wanted to be drafted. Look at Howell for instance. Folks were talking about trading away drafts from prior years to make sure we had him lined up in two seasons to draft him. Then the story changed to the team around him got so poor he is having to do everything on his own. Then he got drafted way later than a first. He could still be a good pro and I think he flashed in preseason, but so much can change from year to year. 

Just now, Varking said:

Truly a lot can change between now and then. There have been plenty of annointed ones in college football only to tumble the year they wanted to be drafted. Look at Howell for instance. Folks were talking about trading away drafts from prior years to make sure we had him lined up in two seasons to draft him. Then the story changed to the team around him got so poor he is having to do everything on his own. Then he got drafted way later than a first. He could still be a good pro and I think he flashed in preseason, but so much can change from year to year. 

Howell was easy to be skeptical of, IMO. He had some struggles even during the good seasons that raised red flags. Not to mention that Air Raid offense is typically a pretty poor preparation for the NFL(which was one of my criticisms of Corral). 

Now I didn't expect his fall to be as big as it was but a lot of his class experienced that. 

Like you said, way too much can happen between now and when/if he is drafted. 

We have even seen it this year with guys like Jefferson, Richardson and Van Dyke.

19 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Did u see those last two duke UNC basketball games last year

Maybe 5 minutes of them.  Had a 6 month old at the time. I honestly don't hate unc anymore,  don't really care at all. Since getting married back in 2020 I think I've watched one full Duke basketball game and that was against Gonzaga last year. Priorities change, sacrifices have to be made.  I have enough time to invest in one team and one sport and with a small child i dont really even get that. I chose the panthers and chose poorly lol. I just respond to certain posts of yours for old times sake. I honestly couldn't care less. My daughter will be walking any day now and that's what matters to me

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1