• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCaffrey

PantherPhann89

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Three touchdowns, one rushing, one receiving and one passing. He’s responsible for all but three of the 49ers 24 points so far.

I agreed with the trade, and still do, but McCaffrey in a Shanahan offense is a nightmare for opposing defenses.

Yeah he's not why we lost today, he never whined about how we used him, we got a good return on the trade. Good for both parties

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Three touchdowns, one rushing, one receiving and one passing. He’s responsible for all but three of the 49ers 24 points so far.

I agreed with the trade, and still do, but McCaffrey in a Shanahan offense is a nightmare for opposing defenses.

I'm curious to see if he will make it all season healthy being used like that as well.  The man definitely has some mileage on him....

The trade was a win-win-win scenario. Win for the Panthers getting trade capital in a rebuild and making opportunities to better develop their other offensive playmakers. Win for the 49ers getting an otherworldly talent and having the coaches to make the most of his abilities. Win for my fantasy football team that drafted McCaffrey with the first pick. Everyone comes out on top.

Y'all do know that a trade can be a win-win for each team involved right? We all knew he was going to go ape sh*t with Shanahan and his RB friendly scheme. But I'm still happy with our draft compensation. Only thing is you've made it to where you'll have to deal with the 49ers for the foreseeable future if you want a shot at a superbowl because you traded him within your conference lol

6 minutes ago, GOAT said:

hahaha damn and we thought the panthers overused him.

I'm not at all surprised Shanahan is getting this production out of him that's why he's one of the most successful young coaches. But he definitely won't last the season when he is leading the team in touches by a mile. Seen this story before. Eventually you need other playmakers. This stuff is great for his fanboys but they likely aren't winning a Super Bowl running an offense that way.

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah he's not why we lost today, he never whined about how we used him, we got a good return on the trade. Good for both parties

McAdoo isn’t perfect but hes been better without Rhule in charge.

It would have been nice to see him under these new circumstances, but hey…

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

Y'all do know that a trade can be a win-win for each team involved right? We all knew he was going to go ape sh*t with Shanahan and his RB friendly scheme. But I'm still happy with our draft compensation. Only thing is you've made it to where you'll have to deal with the 49ers for the foreseeable future if you want a shot at a superbowl because you traded him within your conference lol

I don’t we would have gotten a better deal from an AFC team

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I said the same about the trade.  Despite his unique talents, he is still primarily a RB, snd eventually they fall off a cliff, they rarely ever continue producing at a high level into a third contract, and we honestly had lost how to use him properly under Rhule and McAdoodoo.  And then there was the possibility that his body already is or will be breaking down soon, as most RBs do.  So, it was best to get value and move on.

I also said seeing him in Shanahan's offense was going good be insane, and it only took a little over a week to come to fruition.  It's fun to see it, but it also hurts a little knowing what could've been.  But I still think RB is just not a position to prioritize unless you feel it's the one big missing piece to get you over the hump - as Foreman has shown, RB production is also easily replaced, regardless of who they're replacing, even if it doesn't quite look the same.  

So yeah, a part of me misses seeing CMC at his best like this, but it was the best move for the long-term.