• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone needs to calm down

Cdparr7

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

Winnable game next week? Bruh, Mariota just torched this fuggin defense, imagine what Burrow is going to do.

Right?  Like what game were people watching lol how did so many people watch that game and come away feeling optimistic?  We gave up 37 points to the Falcons. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

When we weren’t getting screwed by Pineiro, we were getting screwed by the refs.

We have progressively gotten better the past three weeks, the team on the field today would have beat the team we had last week. This game would have never been close with Rhule. 

Winnable game next week and a rematch with the Falcons right after. Still 9 games left. I actually came away from this game with confidence, I haven’t seen this much fight out of the team in years.

Well said. I don't want to tank anything this season. I want to win a Smith as we can to get these players confidence up for the future as well as see who else on the team can develop further to become a major contributor for next season. Win as many as we can and enjoy the teams new attitude that is developing each week.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

Right?  Like what game were people watching lol how did so many people watch that game and come away feeling optimistic?  We gave up 37 points to the Falcons. 

Rhule football made fans forget what mediocre football looked like. Well, we are back to mediocre football and now people mistake that for good football lol We just got sh*t on by a QB who barely had 100+ passing yards per game before this week.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Another football season wasted and over early - 5 years in a row now.  Seattle is winning with Geno Smith, no running game, and a suspect defensive line.  Atlanta is winning with a talent poor roster on both sides of the ball.  The Jets are winning with the worst QB in the nfl and no one on offense I’ve ever heard of.  It’s friggin depressing man.  

It’s even more depressing to think we will be picking 7/8 (for the fourth year in a row) and the three best/top qbs will be gone - bank it.

8 minutes ago, onmyown said:

It’s even more depressing to think we will be picking 7/8 (for the fourth year in a row) and the three best/top qbs will be gone - bank it.

I’m trying to figure out which one of these college QBs is a franchise QB, because I don’t see it in any of them. 

• Pie 1

It sucks to lose the way we did but I didn't get upset. I am taking plenty of solace in the fact that we fought back so well and showed we have the ability to do that(had not seen that much under Rhule).

We were largely unlucky more than anything and didn't execute as well as we should have offensively, defensively or on special teams in the last few minutes and OT. 

It is what it is. Almost none of you thought we would even be competitive after Rhule got canned, so there shouldn't be all this bellyaching. If we lose a bunch of games, we get a high draft pick and a ticket into the franchise QB lottery. If we rally the rest of the season, maybe we have our coach and a future. I don't see this as a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. 

It's fine. I am just glad to have watchable football during what is supposed to be a complete tank job.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Castavar said:

Winnable game next week? Bruh, Mariota just torched this fuggin defense, imagine what Burrow is going to do.

I am not implying that we'll beat Cincinnati but Burrow is mobile but not as mobile as Mariota.  Mariota snuck out of several sacks last night.

I would not be surprised if we beat Cincinnati.  They may be overlooking us. 

Football is entertainment to me now. Too old to allow wins and loses, of which I have no control, alter my mood. 

It was an entertaining game, so I'm good with it. Getting boat raced by scrubs isn't entertaining but had become the norm. Just happy I can watch Panther football again with hope of being entertained. 

• Pie 1