• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are We Really Not Going To Talk About This?!

Castavar

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

Lost in all the sauce, we actually had ANOTHER chance to win the game after Eddy missed his 2nd kick. 3rd and 1 from ATL's 46 yard line, our defense can make a huge stop and get us ONE MORE chance for a FG. Follow the link and go have a gander at 13:45.

Burns (who is known to do this SO MANY times), takes a bad angle yet again and let Mariota slip away on 3rd an 1 when it should have been a 5 yard loss and 4th down. It's just who he is at this point. It happens too frequently to warrant a huge pay day.

It happens a lot in crucial situations. 

The guy isn't as good as people make him out to be.

11 hours ago, Castavar said:

Burns was definitely a no show all game. Donte was definitely doing his best swiss cheese halloween costume. Shaq missing tackles all over the field. Derrick Brown had some big plays, but that's about it. CJ got torched all game sans the gimme int that should have sealed the game.

I would have benched CJ for his effort, lack of it I mean, on the Byrd TD. I watched it and thinking I was mistaken, watched it again. He was trotting and trailing, as the guy matriculated into the end zone. 

13 hours ago, Castavar said:

Lost in all the sauce, we actually had ANOTHER chance to win the game after Eddy missed his 2nd kick.

Just stop.

And think about what you just typed.

Eddy missed his *2ND* kick.

And not just any kick.....his *2nd* Game-winning kick.

Had a shot in Regulation for the Extra point......Missed it (albeit due to the refs calling an awful penalty on DJ)

Had a shot in MUCH CLOSER range in OT after a big-time Interception return?   STILL missed it.

You can't expect the team to win if your Kicker doesn't get it done when it matters...

...and he got a glorified do-over in OT after his first miss in regulation to right that wrong...but he still failed.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

OP has a point though. I thought the same thing after he missed that tackle. And it happens way too often to be honest. If Burns could just finish plays, Panthers probably wouldn't be able to afford to extend him. He'd easily average 20+ sacks a season, and some team would give the Panthers their entire draft for him. 

4 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Just stop.

And think about what you just typed.

Eddy missed his *2ND* kick.

And not just any kick.....his *2nd* Game-winning kick.

Had a shot in Regulation for the Extra point......Missed it (albeit due to the refs calling an awful penalty on DJ)

Had a shot in MUCH CLOSER range in OT after a big-time Interception return?   STILL missed it.

You can't expect the team to win if your Kicker doesn't get it done when it matters...

...and he got a glorified do-over in OT after his first miss in regulation to right that wrong...but he still failed.

Don't get me wrong, Eddy is 95% to blame for this loss. But we STILL would have had another chance if Burns makes that play that he so often misses. I'm just calling out his constant bad angles in critical moments. But at that point, I think the morale of the team was already gone after those 2 clinching kicks....... But yeah, Eddy fugged us so hard.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

Don't get me wrong, Eddy is 95% to blame for this loss. But we STILL would have had another chance if Burns makes that play that he so often misses. I'm just calling out his constant bad angles in critical moments. But at that point, I think the morale of the team was already gone after those 2 clinching kicks....... But yeah, Eddy fugged us so hard.

Burns is the one that caused the bad pass that CJ INTed. But don't let me stop the hating.