• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore should not have been penalized for helmet removal

Zod

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Possible, but what he was thinking doesn't really matter.

What he did should not have been penalized.

16 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

True, but it doesn’t matter what he was thinking, it happened out of bounds therefore it should not have been a penalty. 

I just don't have any sympathy here. He was in the process of taking it off in the end zone as soon as he stood up in the end zone and it came off in the white; if he's a yard closer to the goal line this is all a moot point since it would have been entirely in the end zone. Gotta be more disciplined than that, and I'm confident he and the team will (not so sure about the NFL though). 

It's not lost on me that the kicker missed a field goal earlier and should have made the kick anyway. This isn't on DJ exclusively by any means, and I daresay that the penalty was even fairly minor. An NFL kicker should make at least one of those two.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Who cares

Pineiro proved in OT that it didn’t matter where that extra point was placed, he wasn’t hitting it 

Maybe.  You could make an argument that the dude was shaky after missing the one in regulation.  But if it was a normal XP he probably would have got it.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Just now, Zaximus said:

Maybe.  You could make an argument that the dude was shaky after missing the one in regulation.  But if it was a normal XP he probably would have got it.

48 yarder still needs to be made. I truly couldn’t care less about the penalty. Yesterday that loss is on Pineiro. The dude had 2 tries with the second one being a chip shot

• Pie 7

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

48 yarder still needs to be made. I truly couldn’t care less about the penalty. Yesterday that loss is on Pineiro. The dude had 2 tries with the second one being a chip shot

I don't blame him for the first miss.  If you are asking an in season add/backup K to hit near 50 yard XPs to win games.....that not really a kicker issue. 

The last one though a backup K or anyone that takes a NFL check has to make. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The defense giving up 30 (plus the pick 6) deserves plenty of blame as well. Scoring 34 in the NFL should be a win.

Edited by KSpan

It’s all a moot point. The PJ interception is what lost us this game. Missed field goals wouldn’t have mattered and overtime wouldn’t have been needed. Not a bad throw, but an amazing play by the defense. What ifs are crazy but that pick 6 turned out to be the one that hurt imo 

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Bottom line is we identified a trash kicker who should have been left at the stadium after the game. I never want to hear his name again.

• Pie 1