• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The bandwagon for Grayson McCall

Chris Smitty

1 minute ago, Pakmeng said:

But Allen played 4 years of college football. Yes he had another year of eligibility. It's foolish to assume that every QB will turn in to Josh Allen just because you want them to.

That's definitely not what I am saying.  I said he reminds of him coming out of school.  Josh Allen was an inaccurate strong armed, athletically gifted QB from a small school and had a lot to learn to become what he is.  I have no clue is Richardson can do that (probably no where to that level).  NFL teams are going to be drooling over him when he does the combine/pro day.  His schedule is about to get easier so it shouldn't be hard to show growth as a passer.  He looked decent against UGA where he was severely outmatched.  Should he stay one more year?  Probably. Can he get drafted in the first this year? It's still pretty open to me...

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

But Allen played 4 years of college football. Yes he had another year of eligibility. It's foolish to assume that every QB will turn in to Josh Allen just because you want them to.

I mean that is worse to me.  He played the position for longer at the college level and was still that raw coming into the draft.  I don't think that hurts Richardson at all.  If anything it helps...

If we're talking second tier guys, I like Penix a bit more.  But McCall definitely looks interesting.  Won't lie or just poo on the suggestion.

Though...I've been tricked before with these type of guys so have some hesitation.  If he finishes the year at the current rate, he'll definitely benefit opting in on this draft.  Just unsure how scouts are looking at him, is he a legit R1 guy? Or is he that James Morgan/Hackenberg type?  

He at least checks a few spots:

Size, Age, Arm, Ceiling, Agility.

Issues: Accuracy on the NFL throws outside of the screens, seams and slants.  Outs, curls, sideline passes seem erratic at times.  But no doubt he's been slaying overall in that system.  He's been efficient and has made some pretty passes.  

• Beer 1

Grayson Mccall's NFL ceiling is Chase Daniels... Grayson doesnt have the arm strength to be good in the pros. I mean his scouting report his pretty bad.... (He is expected to go in the 4-6 rounds)

• His arm strength is decent but less than ideal; McCall lacks a little zip, and accuracy becomes an issue when he’s unable or unwilling to set his feet.
  • Sails throws to either sideline; receivers make him look good with acrobatic catches. Back-foot throws are not accurate. Sometimes trusts his arm too much, trying to stick passes late in the play or when off-balance.
  • Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.